Trump goes one step too far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:17:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump goes one step too far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump goes one step too far  (Read 11083 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 18, 2015, 07:06:16 PM »

He also slammed McCain for not doing enough for vets in a written statement.

Again, he's right. McCain has built his entire career on being a POW, but once in power? He's done nothing but vote to send soldiers to their deaths.

I voted for McCain in 2008, but he's a hopeless War Addict.  And his experience in captivity is, IMO, a huge negative, in that it's made him more war-happy.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:08:11 PM »

Yes, clearly the biggest problem with the 2016 Republican presidential field is John McCain.

For me, the biggest problems with the 2016 are warmongering and "free trade" agreements that punt away the middle class.  Immigration, too, is a problem; many candidates talk tough, but aren't really willing to action.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:50:39 PM »

Was McCain a "War Hero"?  He certainly risked his life and almost lost it, in service to his country, and he also suffered greatly, and permanently.  I'm sympathetic to Trump on a number of issues, but he ought to realize that most Americans classify McCain as a "War Hero" because he endured more than most people would wish on their enemies.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 06:22:11 AM »

Trump also said this

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Much worse was said about Cleland's patriotism and Kerry's purple hearts.

Very true, and there's been no demand that those folks apologize.  Indeed, Bush 43 was Swiftboated to reelection in 2004.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 08:27:04 AM »

He also let his youngest daughter get dragged through the mud in the worst ways possible during the 2000 Republican primary.

What do you think McCain could or should have done differently in this case?

He should have called out the Bush Noise Machine on that one, and not let up.  Folks don't like it when political campaigns launch whispering campaigns against other candidate's non-political family members.

I suspect that McCain was made an offer he couldn't refuse.  It's why he was the 2008 nominee, and he would have been the 2004 nominee against Gore, if Florida had ended up going for Gore.  I also suppose it was to minimize discussion of his wife's problems with drug addiction and being ratted out to the DEA, resulting in her being placed in a pretrial intervention program where her legal problems disappeared. 

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 07:48:35 PM »

It's been over a week, and Trump hasn't folded.  All the tut-tutting hasn't driven Trump's poll numbers down yet.  Why is that?  Is it because people are stupid?  Or are they just uncouth?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 08:29:18 PM »

This is such ancient history now.  Amazing how wrong folks got this one. 

Anyone who thinks Trump isn't in it to win it is nuts.  He's probably not going to win it, but he'll be a force in the GOP from now until he kicks the bucket.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »

And it's official, Trump is a joke candidate who will fizzle out.

I just couldn't resist.  All those folks who posted about "the little Trumpkins" and "Donald Dump" and "Blow Hard With A Vengeance"; where are they now?

I think I'm more likely to run into a stegosaurus then a Trump Denier.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies