The Nyman Times (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:49:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Nyman Times (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Nyman Times  (Read 4386 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 17, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
September 17, 2010

Report: Badger to be named new GM
With the position of GM vacant following former GM Al's surprise retirement announcement, the President has received numerous applications, and has not officially made a decision.

An anonymous source tells the Nyman Times that the President is going to appoint Senator Badger to the position.  While this has not been confirmed, the President did appoint Badger to replace Al as Chairman of the Budget Process Committee until the position is filled, potentially tipping his hand slightly.  These reports are however unconfirmed, and the Nyman Times has not been able to reach the President, Vice President, or Senator Badger for confirmation or denial.

Another source, speaking again on the condition of anonymity, tells the Nyman Times that a prominent member of Atlasia's right has applied to the President.  No name was given, although another source tells the Times that Senator NCYankee, the newly elected PPT of the Senate, was interested in taking the position.

For the record, I have received no notice from the President.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 03:53:50 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
September 23, 2010

Badger appointed GM
Earlier today, President Purple State appointed Badger to be the next GM.  The President's decision, which had been reported in the Nyman Times of September 17, has been widely applauded, and a speedy confirmation is expected.

The Nyman Times applauds the President's decision, and feels that Badger will make an excellent GM.

I heartily thank the Times for its words of encouragement. Kudos on breaking the story before I even knew about it (no joke). That's some good reporting! Smiley

Who says investigative journalism is dead? Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
September 23, 2010

Badger appointed GM
Earlier today, President Purple State appointed Badger to be the next GM.  The President's decision, which had been reported in the Nyman Times of September 17, has been widely applauded, and a speedy confirmation is expected.

The Nyman Times applauds the President's decision, and feels that Badger will make an excellent GM.

I heartily thank the Times for its words of encouragement. Kudos on breaking the story before I even knew about it (no joke). That's some good reporting! Smiley

Who says investigative journalism is dead? Wink
Yes Ben, good job finding out about this before it broke. Tongue

And Badger, good luck! I'm very happy you got this.

Thanks, Gov! I'll do the region proud.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 01:16:32 AM »

And it ain't delaying sh**t. If Badger is on, he cast the votes, I declare him nominated.

If he ain't on, it ain't going to matter is it? Roll Eyes

True dat.

Votes are cast. I'll leave it up to the PPT if he wants to schedule a quick vote on Libertas's forthcoming amendment and then a final vote on the Free Time Happy Happy bill before confirming my nomination.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »

Um, is it me or the byline and story don't match?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
December 2, 2010

Senator Libertas dead
Senator Libertas, an At-Large Senator of the Populares Party, was declared dead early today.  The Senator was known for his controversial behavior and confrontational attitude towards many in Atlasia.  One of the most polarizing figures in Atlasia, he was mentioned as a possible February 2011 Presidential candidate.  The Senator had already announced that he would be seeking reelection to the Senate, from which he was often absent.

Reactions have been mixed following the Senator's death.  Many Populares have come forward to express their sadness, and Mideast Governor Tmthforu94 said that While I didn't disagree with all of his decisions, he certainly made a positive impact in Atlasia. With his "death", the Senate will be a duller place.  It is unclear what effect, if any, the Senator's death will have on the upcoming elections - nor is it clear what the future is of the Populares without its most prominent member and Whip.

Cheesy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iseJJ5ogA
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies