The distant future. The ultimate question for America. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:37:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The distant future. The ultimate question for America. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How long do you expect the United States to last?
Were getting close to the end.

We're not close yet, but if you are a young man/woman, you might see it in the twilight of your life.

We have more than a good century left. After which, it gets REALLY blurry. Think the British Empire.

We'll be around for a few centuries, I just think our country will eventually get tired of its self after that. Think Rome.

America is destined to be the next Chinese civilization, that will last thousands of years, with or without disruption.

Other, explain.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: The distant future. The ultimate question for America.  (Read 6553 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: August 11, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »

I can't see us going into a civil war anytime soon but I do think we are nearing an end to the era of US dominance over the world scene.  While our fall from "power" won't be nearly as dramatic as the UK's we will probably cease to be the dominant or sole superpower sometime within the next 100 years.  China and India are on the rise so we will probably see a new era of world affairs with power concentrated and/or shifted to southeast Asia.  The US will certainly remain a major player but we won't be able to just demand that people give us what we want.  There will be other major powers to check us.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies