A foreign leader as US President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 10:33:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  A foreign leader as US President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A foreign leader as US President  (Read 3426 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: August 07, 2015, 02:19:08 PM »
« edited: August 07, 2015, 02:23:37 PM by DavidB. »

Why...? I'm honestly curious as to why a libertarian from California would pick Mark Rutte of all leaders to lead the U.S. Tongue

Anyway, yeah, Rutte would obviously be better than Obama but so would many right-wing European PMs (Merkel, Solberg...).

Harper, Abbott and Netanyahu seem to be the obvious choices, with Cameron as a good number four.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 02:31:45 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2015, 02:35:47 PM by DavidB. »

Why...? I'm honestly curious as to why a libertarian from California would pick Mark Rutte of all leaders to lead the U.S. Tongue

Anyway, yeah, Rutte would obviously be better than Obama but so would many right-wing European PMs.

Harper, Abbott and Netanyahu seem to be the obvious choices, with Cameron as a good number four.

I like Rutte in particular. In addition to general quality leadership on fiscal policy (along the lines of a Merkel or a Cameron), his social policy stands out, like I recall him taking stands against smoking bans and against making Holocaust denial illegal.
That was when he actually stood (or seemed to stand) for something, far before his first term as PM Tongue  Sadly, his Rutte-I cabinet pushed for making it much harder to buy marijuana (while not criminalizing it completely), something his supposedly "liberal" VVD supported as well because muh law and order (ignoring the fact that this proposal would actually lead to a big increase of street dealing and drug-related violence). Fortunately, however, these efforts failed when the cabinet fell, leaving the situation as it was.

I used to like him very much, but while I still like his "style" and I see what you mean, he and his party have pretty much of a mixed record right now, also coming out against (!) new budget cuts because that "hurts the economy" :')

Oh, and to people who are saying Maduro/Morales: seriously?! Seriously....?!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies