Survey Atlasia: February At-Large Senate Special Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:06:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Survey Atlasia: February At-Large Senate Special Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the At-Large Senate special election were today, how would you vote?
Fmr. Governor FezzyFestoon (TPP-CO)

Fmr. IDS Co-Speaker Adam Griffin (LAB-GA)

NE LT. Governor. Republitarian (Goldwater) (F-DE)

President Napoleon (LIB-CT)

Other:

None of The Above

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Survey Atlasia: February At-Large Senate Special Election  (Read 5234 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »

Why is it some people can't find anything good to say about their candidate and instead insist on negativity and bitterness? Grow up its been too long.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »

Yeah, that's about how I would do it if I were you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:17:44 PM »

Yeah, that's about how I would do it if I were you.

Fiesty! You get my second preference!

Purple heart Purple heart
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:14:37 PM »

Napoleon's term in the Senate was marked by constant conflict and terrible ideas.  He put the SoEA on ignore, which hampered his ability to introduce legislation.  He has been a terrible President who constantly is fighting with the Senate and resorts to personal attacks.  He does not deserve to return to the Senate.

I put you on ignore because you were harassing me. That had nothing to do with my Senate duties. I even introduced the foreign policy review on your behalf.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »

It's rather ridiculous that we have to rehash these arguments again, Mr. SoEA who posted nothing for over a month and Mr. PPT who disappeared completely and couldn't finish out his term. We all make mistakes- big deal. While I wouldn't find it a particularly good use of my time, I could point out everything each of you has done wrong at some point or another. Why? How would doing that make the game more fun, the experience better? For most of us, this game isn't life or death serious.

Napoleon getting any endorsements, especially from actually good and serious people like yourself, is an outright joke.

I'm serious, and I'm a good person. Why wouldn't other good and serious people support me?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

38% isn't "obscene". It's disappointing, yes. It's not the high point of my time here. Oh f**king well. I see nothing wrong with moving on and making sure it doesn't happen again. By the way, you don't have to pretend I'm not President, you can vote me into the Senate and have a new one. Genius!

I haven't trolled the Senate. I've had disagreements, but I've also been more than willing to explain the reasoning behind it. I also didn't troll my own convention, you creep. I've put quite an effort into sustaining that party and if I don't have the time to rewrite an entire set of bylaws in a few hours, then I don't have the damn time. Sorry I don't postpone my entire life to rewrite bylaws for a fictional political party. I guess that makes me a troll.

I disagree with this, so it's apparently not as undeniable as you may suggest. And I'd like to think the endorsements I have received (which I'm very grateful for) can back me up on that.

You're right, I don't. Fezzy, Griffin, and Goldwater don't either. It's a game we play for fun. No one deserves anything, no one is entitled to anything, and if you actually think otherwise there is something way wrong with you and I'm not qualified to diagnose it. The only person who will deserve the seat is the person voted into it by the people who play this game. You don't deserve the presidency. Why shouldn't we just cancel the election and give it to Winfield? He deserves it.

The overwhelming majority of my endorsements aren't even from Liberals. Can you, for once, present your argument, as terrible as it may be, in an intellectually honest fashion?

Yeah, it's called Atlasia. We have regions instead of states, there's only three Justices on the Supreme Court, and our elections last seventy-two hours.

And a couple months before that, I had extremely high approvals and got reelected with over 60% of the vote. Things change and fluctuate. Barnes had a 72% approval rating when he resigned. For no reason at all other than the fact that he was personable and non-controversial.

Yeah, the start of my second term got sidetracked. Hurricane Sandy struck. There was an election. The forum got shut down for days. The Senate stopped operating on a normal schedule. I had things come up in my personal life. Senators and Cabinet officials kept resigning or disappearing. Could I have handled some of it better? Certainly. Have I learned from my mistakes? I believe so. Should the voters trust me? That's up to them, but I've said what I hope to do in office, why I'm running, and what I have to offer.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 09:45:44 PM »

I'm not going to get drawn into a petty back and forth,

Of course you're not. You've always shied away from your own attacks once you can't back them up. We're used to that.

Why should I have to serve out? We have a Vice President for a reason. He and I both were elected.

So we improve the game by electing a failed PPT who had to resign his Senate seat? Or, was your idea of consequences giving Barnes a second preference, knowing what he had done in about every office he was given?

Get over yourself.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »

By the way, it would be literally impossible for you to be "drawn into" something you started, Marokai.

You appointed Nathan.  Only 10 people ever voted on him being Vice President.

try again? NAPOLEON and NATHAN 65 (Scott, Speed of Sound, tmthforu, Marokai Blue, wolfentoad, Ebowed, Fritz, smoltchanov, AndrewCT, benconstine, OIDB, angus, Nathan, Tender Branson, sbane, Ogre Mage, Clinton96, Dr. Cynic, morgieb, TXDem, Frodo, MaxQue, Thomas D, NVTownsend, Homely, Rooney, NVGonzalez, Badger, polnut, RodPresident, Seattle, Franzl, Mr. X, Liberal Junkie, Peeperkorn, Miles, Napoleon, afleitch, Holmes, ID BDD, JFK Dem, Poirot, nclib, Lief, Keystone Phil, Smid, Belgian, Lewis T, Fuzzy, bgwah, bore, shua, Dallasfan, Gustaf, cinyc, MasterSanders, dead0man, Cathcon, Torie, Jbrase, Jerseyrules, ChairmanSanchez, 20RP12, Winfield, Mr. Libertarian)

I love how the guy running around talking about how useless the Vice Presidency is, is now upset that its intended purpose is at stake.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 11:00:31 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2013, 11:13:13 PM by President Napoleon »

Reponses like "get over yourself" to perfectly reasonable comments are exactly why people don't want Napoleon in the senate. Has Marokai been harsh? Sure he has. But he hasn't resorted to bullshit like that. And the second someone does, the whole debate goes to hell in a handbasket. The senate has gone through too many periods of inactivity to have somone come along who'll discourage participation even more.

I don't think telling a hypocrite on a high horse to get over himself is that offensive but I would be open minded if you are willing to explain it to me. I meant it as advice, not an insult...perhaps you thought his comments were perfectly reasonable. Out of context, I suppose they are. I recall a time where a party took control of the Senate and picked "their guy" over a more active Senator to be PPT, and "their guy" just completely gave up and quit. I took a different path. I moved on and tried to fix things, instead of letting everything fall into decay. Even one of your own bills, no one was interested in actually debating it, I kept pushing (respectfully, of course) and got something going. Now in the end, my concerns weren't ever satisfied but I still signed the bill instead of making a fiasco about it. If anything Marokai was saying was remotely true, that I just want to stir things up, I'd be doing it. Obviously that isn't the case. He's having one of his little fits; soon he'll be over it and we'll all be friends and sh**t. It happens.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »

No, you know exactly what you're doing. I take issue with a lot of what you do, but one thing you're not is stupid.

I'm sorry, I don't. I agree that I'm not stupid. Common ground there. I take issue with a lot of what you do but I don't feel the need to wear it on my sleeve and make a fight out of it. What is it I'm doing? Do you disagree with my post? What would you have said?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 11:42:14 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2013, 11:44:01 PM by President Napoleon »

Thanks for the response. I also apologize for putting words into your mouth, though I admit to not knowing exactly what words I put into your mouth. After reading through my post, I assume you mean my reference to something being offensive. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Again, if you don't like working with me that's fine, you haven't really tried to anyway. I'm willing to work with anyone, though, and I think you can at least vouch for me on that. My problem with you is that you always seem to be on the attack. I don't really ever insult you or comment on you in any threads but you always seem to have something bad to say about me.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 12:01:26 AM »

If you break my furniture you're going to fing own it. And the chairs cost $20,000, each. Tongue

Charge it to the taxpayers.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:35:35 AM »

It was not a mistaken assumption, regardless of whatever ensued. Napoleon openly advocated for the PPT position to become more partisan and resemble more of a "Majority Leader" role than an unpartisan administrator. Which is just another thing to chalk against him being in the Senate, IMO.

Yes, an idea to improve the Senate conjured when people were complaining about a "stale" two-party system means that I shouldn't be in the Senate. Roll Eyes

What's the deal, man? You're just throwing the kitchen sink at me at this point. Did someone tell you I slept with your mom? I promise I didn't. There's no reason for you to be acting the way you are.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »

Well, it's disappointing that its come to this, Marokai. I was looking forward to a great clean race. All of my opponents would be great Senators, I want to be a part of this race and make it fun. There was never a need for this bitchfest. You don't need to tell me what's gone wrong with my Presidency- I'm well aware of the stumbles, but why harp on it? You didn't go after Barnes when he ran for Senate- you supported him!! I've done nothing wrong in the context of this campaign, or even as President in recent weeks (not to mention a first term that was pretty dang good, I think).

I want what's best for the game, Marokai. How dare you suggest otherwise. I spent so long trying to find cabinet officials, only to see them fall inactive and have to search even harder to replace them. I even went out of my way to ask you who you would hope to appoint as GM, so that I could replace Shua with someone that would stick around for a while.I don't believe in the absurd idea that someone "deserves" a Senate seat, but even if I didn't deserve one, I certainly don't deserve to have you jumping down my throat because I want to be part of an election in an elections game. I've laid out my purpose, I've admitted my mistakes, I've worked to correct my flaws. What else am I supposed to do to avoid the hysteria?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »

They deserve it. Okay.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 09:29:48 AM »

*jaw drops*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies