Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:01:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 71935 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« on: February 28, 2010, 09:42:11 AM »

Hi All - on the matter of Atlasia v. Libertas:

There is plenty of precedent for the federal government to sue a Region, or Regional Officer to bring it into compliance with the federal Constitution and proper statute.

See Atlasia v. States Rights, and decision.

The Court is correct to have got rid of the awful standing precedent - it was never a factor in our jurisprudence, and inevitably would cause issues if we were to, for example, have an abortion law challeneged - the suit might never come to issue because none of us can be subject to the abortion laws of Atlasia in a true sense.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »

Re: Atlasia v. Southeast (the independent voter roll which ignores HAEV rulings)

It has long been postulated that a Region could have an independent voter roll - Ernest and I in principle agreed that it was possible under the Second Constitution in 2005. That said, I would not consider it prudent policy to set up an independent voter roll, as in the past we have had problems maintaining even one.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »

Re: JBrase v. Atlasia

A new angle to the HAEV fight that I hadn't thought of, and I have to say I think its a very worthy challenge that JBrase should certainly not drop.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 01:48:16 PM »

Re: JBrase v. Atlasia

A new angle to the HAEV fight that I hadn't thought of, and I have to say I think its a very worthy challenge that JBrase should certainly not drop.
We accept all amicus briefs presented at little charge... Tongue
I'll keep my own counsel on this one - but I do think its a good chance (one of few given the realities of Atlasia) to test the waters of the delegation doctrine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies