WARNING: If you vote before the election officially begins at 12:00 AM EST on Friday, February 17, your vote will be invalid.
FEBRUARY 2017 REGIONAL ELECTIONS
1. This election will last for exactly 72 hours beginning at 12:00:00 AM (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, February 17 and ending at 11:59:59 PM on Sunday, February 19. All ballots cast outside of this period will be ounted invalid.
2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you (a) have registered with the federal Census Bureau as a voter of one of the states of this Region; and (b) have not had your voting rights stripped as the result of deregistration or court order.
3. When voting, please rank the candidates that appear on the ballot in choice, etc. You may rank all, some, or none of the candidates on your ballot. If you wish to vote for a candidate whose name does not appear on the ballot, you may do so by writing his or her name in the blank provided.
4. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it in this thread. Editing your ballot more than 20 minutes after posting it in this voting booth will cause it to be counted invalid.
5. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification. While the alphabetically-ordered ballot below is provided for your convenience should you wish to quote this post, you may order the options on your ballot however you would like.
FOR CLASS I SENATE
ONE (1) Senator to be elected.
[ ] R2D2/20RP12
[ ] Write-In: __________
ONE (1) Governor to be elected.
[ ] Mike Wells
[ ] Kingpoleon
FIVE (5) Assemblymen to be elected
[ ] Spark498
[ ] JGibson
[ ] DrewMike87
[ ] Lok1999
[ ] CXSmith
[ ] Wolverine22
REGIONAL NAME CHANGE
Question: Should the name of the Northern Region be changed?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
If you voted "YES", please read the following passage and select a new name for the Northern Region, should the first question pass. If you voted "NO", you may still preference a new name for the region, should the first question pass.
NAME CHANGE SUGGESTIONS
In accordance with the Regional Name Act of 2017, the citizens of the Northern Region proposed a variety of names to replace "North" as the name of the region. These proposals were debated by the Assembly, and the following three (3) names were chosen. Ppreferentially vote for the name suggestions as you would for a group of candidates for office.
[ ] FRANKLIN
[ ] LINCOLN
[ ] ATLANTIC UNION
Please read the following proposed amendments to the Northern Constitution thoroughly!"EXECUTIVE TIEBREAKING" AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE ONE OF THE NORTHERN CONSTITUTION
TO THE NORTHERN REGIONAL CONSTITUTION
I. Article I of the Northern Constitution shall be amended to include the following:
9. In the event of a tie in a legislative vote, the Governor shall have the power to break the tie.
[ ] AYE
[ ] NAY
"VOTER INTEGRITY" AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE ONE OF THE NORTHERN CONSTITUTION
Voter Integrity Act
I. One must be a citizen in the North for ten days before becoming eligible to vote in the elections of that region.
[ ] AYE
[ ] NAY