Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 05:30:29 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2013 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Tender Branson)
| | |-+  VA: Survey USA: Virginia Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VA: Survey USA: Virginia Governor  (Read 2103 times)
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:26:55 pm »
Ignore

New Poll: Virginia Governor by Survey USA on 2009-07-28

Summary: D: 40%, R: 55%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 03:33:34 pm »
Ignore

It's not looking good for the democrats.
Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 03:35:50 pm »
Ignore

As I've already said, this poll is totally off.  The voting model, percentages, everything is way off.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 04:09:18 pm »
Ignore

Ben is right. According to the poll, 52% voted for McCain and 43% voted for Obama. And NOVA is R+15.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 04:15:30 pm »
Ignore

I bet once PPP's poll comes out Tuesday, they will say it is all wrong too. Republicans made the same mistake last year blasting the polls. Tom Jensen from PPP has already said from the early calls in the poll that he expects Deeds to be down by more than the 6 points that he was last month in their poll.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
YaBB God
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 05:16:35 pm »
Ignore

I bet once PPP's poll comes out Tuesday, they will say it is all wrong too. Republicans made the same mistake last year blasting the polls. Tom Jensen from PPP has already said from the early calls in the poll that he expects Deeds to be down by more than the 6 points that he was last month in their poll.
I think Deeds is down but not by 15 points. I'm guessing anywhere between 5 and 10 at this point.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 05:20:59 pm »
Ignore

Unless Republicans have managed to register huge numbers since the 2008 election, the partisan breakdown is totally wrong.
Vepres
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.26, S: -7.39

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 05:55:37 pm »
Ignore

Ben is right. According to the poll, 52% voted for McCain and 43% voted for Obama. And NOVA is R+15.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Deeds appeal more to rural voters while McDonnell has more suburban/urban appeal. I'm referring to their personalities and image, not policies.

LOL, Failure

Alright, if Republicans gain less than 75 seats, I'll prominently display my failure in my signature.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 05:59:56 pm »
Ignore

SUSA's region breakdowns are so nebulous that they're virtually useless.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
YaBB God
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 01:05:23 am »
Ignore

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Deeds appeal more to rural voters while McDonnell has more suburban/urban appeal. I'm referring to their personalities and image, not policies.
Deeds has an lean urban and rural appeal and McDonnell has a suburban appeal with some slight urban appeal. That seems to be what most people from Virginia say. It really doesn't seem to be doing Deeds much good...
Rowan
RowanBrandon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 08:52:28 am »
Ignore

Unless Republicans have managed to register huge numbers since the 2008 election, the partisan breakdown is totally wrong.

It's not a RV poll, it's LIKELY VOTERS. Big difference.
Vepres
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.26, S: -7.39

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 01:13:52 pm »
Ignore

Deeds has an lean urban and rural appeal and McDonnell has a suburban appeal with some slight urban appeal. That seems to be what most people from Virginia say. It really doesn't seem to be doing Deeds much good...

That would account for the NOVA DC suburbs though.

LOL, Failure

Alright, if Republicans gain less than 75 seats, I'll prominently display my failure in my signature.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 02:27:20 pm »
Ignore

So you think the electorate will change drastically from 2008? Sure the black turnout may go down, but the highly educated white libruls in NOVA will turn out in high numbers. And I wouldn't be surprised if the white rural vote went down at the same time as the black vote, thus negating any ill effect that would have on the democrats. Of course the real reason Deeds would lose today is because he is losing the independent vote, although the defeat would be by 4-5 points not 15 points.
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 03:07:02 pm »
Ignore

That would account for the NOVA DC suburbs though.

Not really at this point the mere mention of Republican repulses voters in NOVA

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 03:13:15 pm »
Ignore

So you think the electorate will change drastically from 2008? Sure the black turnout may go down, but the highly educated white libruls in NOVA will turn out in high numbers. And I wouldn't be surprised if the white rural vote went down at the same time as the black vote, thus negating any ill effect that would have on the democrats. Of course the real reason Deeds would lose today is because he is losing the independent vote, although the defeat would be by 4-5 points not 15 points.

Party ID and ideology are so far off from 08 its not even worth discussing.  dem +6 to GOP +6.  Conservative + 12 to Conservative + 29??  Sure.....

Rowan
RowanBrandon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 08:51:48 pm »
Ignore

Let's see what PPP says before you get your panties in a bunch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout