Opinion of Woodrow Wilson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:38:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Opinion of Woodrow Wilson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Your opinion:
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Opinion of Woodrow Wilson  (Read 20779 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: August 07, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »

For me he was a deeply HP

1. Committed racist, refused to admitt Black student to Princeton
2. White Supremacist, who introduced segregation in federal offices
3. Hypocrite, talking neraly exlusively about idealism, but also ordered number of cruel and unjust military interventions
4. For long time undecided regarding World War I
5. Blew up a huge opportunity, League of Nation (yes, this was not only GOP and Lodge fault, Wilson refused to any compromise)
6. Religious fanatic

Yes indeed. How the hell do Democrats excuse this BS? It's shocking how high this bastard is rated by people.

We excuse that BS? Tongue

Obviously massive HP.  Even the part where his foreign policy was somehow both more naïvely idealistic than mine in some ways.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:14:51 AM »

Shocked What, sane libertarians?!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »

Impossible!  You simply must be insane.  You're so much easier to strawman when you actually believe in your strawmen.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »

Impossible!  You simply must be insane.  You're so much easier to strawman when you actually believe in your strawmen.

That's what the voices in my head tell me everyday.

That's what she said last night.

OMG FIRST DEGREE BURN apply aloe vera and lidocaine as needed
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »

If that is indeed the case, why even have a government? After all, whether you like government or not, the institution of government can not exist if there is no coercive powers granted to it. If libertarians have to accept the non-aggression principle as inviolable they accept anarchy. If there is really no difference between libertarianism and anarchism what is the point of calling oneself a "libertarian"?
We have a government because this is earth, not Heaven. We can't go back to the garden of Eden. Of course anarchy would be ideal but we need a dose of pragmatism to move forward in this dark age.

According to Harry Reid, paying taxes is voluntary in the U.S. Reid is a lying slimeball, but that is the way it should be if we wish to call ourselves a free society.

If taxes are voluntary, then nobody will pay them, since nobody enjoys paying taxes. We will have anarchy. How does an anarchistic society deal with crime?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, I thought government was the will of the people? If they really want it, they will pay for it. That's how everything else on the market works. If people are willing to voluntarily spend their money on superfluous luxuries like big screen TVs and SUVs, why wouldn't they be willing to make the investment to protect themselves and their property? If one government fails, a new one will arise that would meet the needs of the people. Just as with any other provider of services on the free market.

Anyway that's besides the point considering that the government today is involved in a million-and-one things other than its original stated goal of protecting people and their property and maintaining law and order. Not to mention the fact that today's militarized police spend more time protecting the government from the people and fleecing citizens to generate revenue for the state than actually serving and protecting the people.

You should meet bono.  You'd get along smashingly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies