Social con vs fiscal con
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:16:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Social con vs fiscal con
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Social con vs fiscal con  (Read 6885 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2010, 01:01:21 AM »

I would love to vote for someone who was socially conservative and fiscally moderate-to-liberal (and preferably not a hawk). Alas, the Republican Party seems to be devoid of such individuals, and so I am left with the Democrats, who are only very occasionally socially moderate-to-conservative and actually fiscally liberal. Those who are socially moderate-to-conservative usually end up being all-around moderates (for example, Blue Dogs are not very liberal fiscally).

What issues are you socially conservative on other than abortion?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2010, 10:32:58 AM by realisticidealist »

I would love to vote for someone who was socially conservative and fiscally moderate-to-liberal (and preferably not a hawk). Alas, the Republican Party seems to be devoid of such individuals, and so I am left with the Democrats, who are only very occasionally socially moderate-to-conservative and actually fiscally liberal. Those who are socially moderate-to-conservative usually end up being all-around moderates (for example, Blue Dogs are not very liberal fiscally).

What issues are you socially conservative on other than abortion?

On specific issues, embryonic stem cell research, assisted suicide/euthanasia, affirmative action, sort of on gun control. It’s mostly a philosophical thing though. I’m very much against what I see in society as the degradation of love and an erosion of respect for life, the self, the body, sexuality, and marriage, and in its place a pursuit of shallow and instant gratification. It doesn’t always manifest itself in the way that it does for most who feel that way though. For example, I feel that the sanctity of marriage is much more endangered by quick and meaningless marriages, divorce, hollow extramarital sex, and cheating than by the prospect of same-sex marriage, which is why I believe all marriages as recognized by the state should be covenant marriages.

All in all, it's more of a lean than a firm encampment, though.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »

fiscal con > social con
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies