Research 2000 poll: Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama was born in the US (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:00:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Research 2000 poll: Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama was born in the US (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Research 2000 poll: Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama was born in the US  (Read 5374 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: July 31, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »

I find that hard to believe.  Most of the Republicans I talk to think he was, but I'm not in the South
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 08:08:56 PM »

I find that hard to believe.  Most of the Republicans I talk to think he was, but I'm not in the South

As the poll suggests, most Republicans outside of the South probably do think he was born in the US (maybe 75% or so). But Southern Republicans overwhelmingly believe he was not born in the US or are "unsure".
Yeah Republicans in the South are pretty notoriously stupid and populist on issues, especially when relating to race. I think this poll accurately shows how much of a grip the South has on the Republicans presently.

Well, the South was by far the biggest demographic group polled (looking at the regional demographic categories).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »

The head loon pushing the birther story is a Democrat lawyer from Pennsylvania who supported Hillary Clinton.   Maybe the Democrats should figure out what to do with him.

Actually the head loons appear to be Alan Keyes and that dentist/lawyer/real estate agent from Russia, Orly Taitz.
They are the ones that keep harassing GOP lawmakers and newspeople to "uncover the conspiracy" and threaten them with "serious consequences" if they fail to do so.

The person who brought the first lawsuits on the subject and is still chugging along in his belief that Obama was born in Kenya/Canada/Wherever is Philip Berg, a Hillary Clinton-supporting Pennsylvania lawyer who was former chair of the Democratic Party in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

You would have thought that had Obama not been born in Hawaii, the Clinton campaign would have used it against him in the primaries.  I just don't get why Obama doesn't simply have Hawaii release the long-form birth certificate to put an end to this nonsense once and for all.  It seems to be part of a pattern where the head of the self-proclaimed most open administration in history refuses to release the most basic of personal information, including his college and law school transcripts. 

Maybe he just doesn't care to make it end.  If I were him, I'd be kinda amused by people wasting their time and stupid stuff like this.  It's basically free entertainment for him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies