Research 2000 poll: Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama was born in the US (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:07:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Research 2000 poll: Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama was born in the US (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Research 2000 poll: Only 42% of Republicans believe Obama was born in the US  (Read 5364 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: July 31, 2009, 07:55:37 PM »

I find that hard to believe.  Most of the Republicans I talk to think he was, but I'm not in the South

As the poll suggests, most Republicans outside of the South probably do think he was born in the US (maybe 75% or so). But Southern Republicans overwhelmingly believe he was not born in the US or are "unsure".
Yeah Republicans in the South are pretty notoriously stupid and populist on issues, especially when relating to race. I think this poll accurately shows how much of a grip the South has on the Republicans presently.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »

I find that hard to believe.  Most of the Republicans I talk to think he was, but I'm not in the South

As the poll suggests, most Republicans outside of the South probably do think he was born in the US (maybe 75% or so). But Southern Republicans overwhelmingly believe he was not born in the US or are "unsure".
Yeah Republicans in the South are pretty notoriously stupid and populist on issues, especially when relating to race. I think this poll accurately shows how much of a grip the South has on the Republicans presently.

Well, the South was by far the biggest demographic group polled (looking at the regional demographic categories).
hmmm well that would account for why a majority of the GOP believes Obama wasn't born in the USA. I would say that number would be 60-40 the opposite way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies