Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:19:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 10903 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2009, 03:38:15 PM »

What would this tax code reform entail?

Eliminating any general sales tax because they disproportionately affect poor people.

Excellent. But how do you plan on recouping this lost revenue?

A restructured income tax, as well as basic income tax revenue increases that will come with the jobs created by the freer flow of commerce. Without sales tax, poorer people and everyone else as well, can afford just that much more purchasing power, and jobs will be needed to produce goods to keep up with broader demand.

What would a restructuring entail?

I am still working out those details in the legislation but I am considering raising higher income taxes just a bit, and also expanding the lottery. Nothing is for sure yet though.

Why not eliminate income tax so people are not penalized for working harder and instead raise the sales tax so people pay more if they buy more? Does that just not make it easier, work harder you can keep your money, spend a lot we'll take some of it

Because income taxes aren't penalties for working harder. Lower wages are. Income taxes are only fair way for a government to raise revenue from individuals. Sales taxes hurt commerce, causing job losses, as well as disproportionately affecting poor people, who spend at least as much as they earn, meaning that after income taxes, an additional 7-10% general sales tax is applied to the majority of their expenditures.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »

What would this tax code reform entail?

Eliminating any general sales tax because they disproportionately affect poor people.

Excellent. But how do you plan on recouping this lost revenue?

A restructured income tax, as well as basic income tax revenue increases that will come with the jobs created by the freer flow of commerce. Without sales tax, poorer people and everyone else as well, can afford just that much more purchasing power, and jobs will be needed to produce goods to keep up with broader demand.

What would a restructuring entail?

I am still working out those details in the legislation but I am considering raising higher income taxes just a bit, and also expanding the lottery. Nothing is for sure yet though.

Why not eliminate income tax so people are not penalized for working harder and instead raise the sales tax so people pay more if they buy more? Does that just not make it easier, work harder you can keep your money, spend a lot we'll take some of it

Because income taxes aren't penalties for working harder. Lower wages are. Income taxes are only fair way for a government to raise revenue from individuals. Sales taxes hurt commerce, causing job losses, as well as disproportionately affecting poor people, who spend at least as much as they earn, meaning that after income taxes, an additional 7-10% general sales tax is applied to the majority of their expenditures.
Bravo, Hamilton! A great idea. In fact, if time allows this weekend it insipres me for the Mideast Assembly.......
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2009, 08:47:41 PM »

How do you plan to turn the Pacific region into a RPP-favored area?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »

By proving to the region that we are the party of common-sense solutions, tireless work ethic, and pragmatic reform.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2009, 09:34:44 PM »

By proving to the region that we are the party of common-sense solutions, tireless work ethic, and pragmatic reform.

Excellent!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2009, 09:37:41 PM »

This campaign will not be defined by divisive remarks, regardless if my opponent is choosing to do so. Atlasia may have been better off if he had put the effort he has put in this campaign into his Presidency and position as GM. Which poses a real question... What does a former President want to be a simple Lieutenant Governor for?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2009, 10:40:58 PM »

What do you look for in your elected officials?

Honesty or mischaracterizations?

Unity or divisiveness?

Dedicated or do-nothing?

Active or incompetent?

In this race, you have two options. You have a fresh, new face promising reform and class. And you have a disgraced former elected official who was motioned for removal by even the most patient of Senators, including PurpleState, MasterJedi, and Franzl. We in the Pacific need our Lt. Governor to be honest, promote unity, have a tireless work ethic, stay active, broaden personal freedoms, and represent us well. Hamilton is the ONLY candidate in this race that can meet the Pacific region's highest standards of qualification.

After seeing the GMantis debacle in the Midwest, I am certain that the Pacific needs someone dependable ready to take on the role if need be. Together, we can bring change to Atlasia.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »

I would like to officially thank everyone who has been supporting my campaign, including all of our Pacific citizens who are ready for change. This election is out with the ideas old and in the with the leadership of the new. It is time we applaud ourselves for coming this far, and remain focused on election time so that we pull it through.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »

Over the week, there have been many false claims raised regarding my candidacy. I'd like to take the time to clear things up officially, and reach out to voters who may be undecided or considering another candidate.

My opponent seems to think that because of my party, I can not be a true progressive candidate. This is a ridiculous claim. Party membership is not an ideology. Zell Miller may be a Democrat, but is he a liberal? I have proposed numerous progressive policies during my campaign, have voiced positions in the Senate that were dismissed by the right, and pledge to truly represent the electorate of the Pacific.

There have been claims that I am trying to radically change the Pacific's electorate into a  right-wing bastion. This is false. My recruits have been socially liberal, as is our region's proud reputation. I have made numerous attempts to gain input from across the aisle, and generally am glad to work with members of any party. I have not advocated implementing any kind of Religious Right policies, nor would I ever vote for such.

I denounce these untruthful claims raised by my opponent's campaign.

I'd like to point out to everyone that Ebowed's candidacy is based wholly on his "experience." But what does that "experience" entail? The most catastrophically horrible GM Atlasia has experienced, including bringing up constitutionality questions when the Senate attempted to remove him from this position. Even after being asked by bgwah to step down, Ebowed wasn't ready to go. He didn't want to give Atlasians a chance to have a GM that could fulfill duties, and refused to perform the duties required of him. We cannot let him do this to our region.

What does Ebowed want to be Lieutenant Governor for? He has attacked me numerous times, yet hasn't specified any reasons to vote for him besides "not being Hamilton." I know that the Jesus Christ Party has many good members, and I think that in the end, they will see that Ebowed is not one of them. All Ebowed has going for him is his party and his "experience" and mischaracterizations of my candidacy.

I stand here today to urge all citizens of this great region to support my candidacy, to vote for the new, not the old. To vote for a job well done, rather than a job not done. To vote for the truth, not dishonesty. To vote for a fresh look on Atlasia, not someone who's already made it to the Presidency and for some reason he hasn't yet stated, wants to serve in an entry level position. Vote for Hamilton. Thank you!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2009, 10:10:13 PM »

Over the week, there have been many false claims raised regarding my candidacy. I'd like to take the time to clear things up officially, and reach out to voters who may be undecided or considering another candidate.

My opponent seems to think that because of my party, I can not be a true progressive candidate. This is a ridiculous claim. Party membership is not an ideology. Zell Miller may be a Democrat, but is he a liberal? I have proposed numerous progressive policies during my campaign, have voiced positions in the Senate that were dismissed by the right, and pledge to truly represent the electorate of the Pacific.

There have been claims that I am trying to radically change the Pacific's electorate into a  right-wing bastion. This is false. My recruits have been socially liberal, as is our region's proud reputation. I have made numerous attempts to gain input from across the aisle, and generally am glad to work with members of any party. I have not advocated implementing any kind of Religious Right policies, nor would I ever vote for such.

I denounce these untruthful claims raised by my opponent's campaign.

I'd like to point out to everyone that Ebowed's candidacy is based wholly on his "experience." But what does that "experience" entail? The most catastrophically horrible GM Atlasia has experienced, including bringing up constitutionality questions when the Senate attempted to remove him from this position. Even after being asked by bgwah to step down, Ebowed wasn't ready to go. He didn't want to give Atlasians a chance to have a GM that could fulfill duties, and refused to perform the duties required of him. We cannot let him do this to our region.

What does Ebowed want to be Lieutenant Governor for? He has attacked me numerous times, yet hasn't specified any reasons to vote for him besides "not being Hamilton." I know that the Jesus Christ Party has many good members, and I think that in the end, they will see that Ebowed is not one of them. All Ebowed has going for him is his party and his "experience" and mischaracterizations of my candidacy.

I stand here today to urge all citizens of this great region to support my candidacy, to vote for the new, not the old. To vote for a job well done, rather than a job not done. To vote for the truth, not dishonesty. To vote for a fresh look on Atlasia, not someone who's already made it to the Presidency and for some reason he hasn't yet stated, wants to serve in an entry level position. Vote for Hamilton. Thank you!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »

The most catastrophically horrible GM Atlasia has experienced, including bringing up constitutionality questions when the Senate attempted to remove him from this position.

I won that lawsuit.  And it was entirely within my rights to sue.  I think even Purple State would agree with that.

Even after being asked by bgwah to step down, Ebowed wasn't ready to go.

That is outright false, but either way, I stepped down as soon as the court case was resolved.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »

The most catastrophically horrible GM Atlasia has experienced, including bringing up constitutionality questions when the Senate attempted to remove him from this position.

I won that lawsuit.  And it was entirely within my rights to sue.  I think even Purple State would agree with that.

Even after being asked by bgwah to step down, Ebowed wasn't ready to go.

That is outright false, but either way, I stepped down as soon as the court case was resolved.

Yes but the fact is, you ended up in that position in the first place.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2009, 10:17:44 PM »

Whoa, let me enjoy following this race in peace. Don't drag me into it. Wink
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2009, 01:08:53 AM »

You're comparing yourself to Zell Miller now? The man who challenges people to duels on national television? I can see why so many people are flocking to your campaign!

Although the more I think about it you really are a lot like Zell Miller. You're both angry, you're both uninformed and you're both, ultimately, irrelevant.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2009, 01:10:37 AM »

You're comparing yourself to Zell Miller now? The man who challenges people to duels on national television? I can see why so many people are flocking to your campaign!

Although the more I think about it you really are a lot like Zell Miller. You're both angry, you're both uninformed and you're both, ultimately, irrelevant.

I am not saying I am like Zell Miller on a political or personal level. But do you judge the Democrats based on Zell Miller? Do you judge him based on Democrats? I would hope not. Please let's be civil and respectful, Meeker. You are a forum veteran and I don't believe I have earned your dislike.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2009, 01:08:10 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2009, 01:12:46 PM by Hamilton »

There are some in this race who have settled for running a pathetic, dirty smear campaign. I pressure all of my supporters to not give in to temptation. Please stay positive and focused on election time. These petty insults and smear tactics will not impact the election in their favor.

These acts are no more respectable than the so-called "Birther" movement or those who called Obama a closet Muslim. We must reject this style of politics at all cost.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2009, 01:35:20 PM »

Dude if they don't affect you don't respond to them....
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2009, 01:48:44 PM »

Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2009, 01:54:55 PM »

Smear campaigns have a tendancy to blow up in the face of the candidate doing the smearing. Just ask Elizabeth Dole. The fact that Ebowed's supporters are getting more desperate to throw dirt on you, is just a sign that they actually see you as a big valid threat.

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »

Smear campaigns have a tendancy to blow up in the face of the candidate doing the smearing. Just ask Elizabeth Dole. The fact that Ebowed's supporters are getting more desperate to throw dirt on you, is just a sign that they actually see you as a big valid threat.

Or we're just bored.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »

Or we're just bored.

Yeah that's a reason too I guess Tongue And you're quite successful on that at least, cause this is the most intresting election since the Precidency if you ask me. 
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »

Or we're just bored.

Yeah that's a reason too I guess Tongue And you're quite successful on that at least, cause this is the most intresting election since the Precidency if you ask me. 

Amazing that it is over the position of Lt. Governor in one of the less active regions. I'm hoping it's a sign of changing winds.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »

Or we're just bored.

Amazing that it is over the position of Lt. Governor in one of the less active regions. I'm hoping it's a sign of changing winds.

Doubt it.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »

Lt. Governors need to be abolished, really. They're useless.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »

And give up races like this? Never. This is better than the Senate race.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies