Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:35:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 10945 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: August 01, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »

Endorsed
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 11:04:17 PM »

If I am not mistaken Torie held the senate seat for quite a long-time.  I think Alexander Hamilton, wihle fighting an uphill battle, needs to try for it.

As far as the Dirty South being the same as the Pacific, in case anyone didn't notice the RPP was recently unsuccesful in passing the legislature amendment, Andy Jackson defeated SPC for Lt. Gov. a few months back, and it wasn't my best region in the special election
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 11:06:42 PM »

AlexHam, your candidacy has the potential to open up the game to a new era more competitive and open elections, but also one of less bitter, less divisive politics.

So my question is, both in your campaign and if you are so lucky as to be elected Lt. Governor of the Pacific, are you ready to build bridges with the JCP and rise above partisan discord? Or, as has been evident in this thread so far, will your candidacy simply serve as another fertile ground for RPP and JCP leaders to snipe at one another?
I don't think the RPP/JCP feud really exists that heavily at all.  I have no problem speaking to members of the JCP including Bgwah, on interests that affect all parties.  We certainly run competitive elections against each other, but if we didn't I don't think that the game could survive.  The dominance of the two major parties coupled with a strong 3rd party is what has revived this game from the brink of death.  Alexander Hamilton is simply looking to show here that, as he said, the RPP is not only just a party of the Dirty South, but the Pacific RPP and DS RPP are different
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »

I don't think anyone in the RPP won't vote for someone simply because they are from the JCP.  In the last special election, you only had 1 person from the 2 parties cross because the two candidates represented such opposite extremes.  But I think if it was a matchup of one of the well-known moderate JCPers against an extreme RPP either liberal or conservative a switch may happen.  Hell I'd consider voting for RealisticIdealist, Meeker, or Bgwah over some in my own party
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies