Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:00:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 10953 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: August 01, 2009, 08:29:47 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »

I would be a little less on the cusp of being let down if I had some idea of what the legislation you were proposing was, before casting my ballot.  What kind of legislation are you in the process of writing?  I would like to get the ball rolling on this.

Edit: Not intending to be pissy, I'm sleep-deprived, but my question still stands... Tongue

I want to reform tax codes, one of my key positions being the elimination and banning of a general sales tax and food sales tax (anywhere I can check up on the status of this?), and before any "liberals" get all up in arms, sales taxes are harmful to commerce and disproportionately affect incomes as the income gets lower. To clarify, someone making $20k a year has to spend the same amount on basic necessities as someone making $50k a year. To me, that is not a fair tax system. Also, I want more environmental protections and specifically, some legislation that will help out the rapidly decreasing bee population, a keystone species. As well, protections for our rare bird species that may include anti-reflective road surfaces in certain areas to stop the birds from flying into them. This occurs a lot and may be part of the reason our rare and diverse birds in the Pacific region have dwindling populations as of late.

Sales tax revenue is also the most prone to declining due to an economic downturn. So if you have a Surplus and 8% sales tax with no or little income taxes, you would be among the first to see that surplus turn into a deficit in a recession. In NC in RL there was talk of short-term increases to help balance the budget but long term cutting it significantly. One enlightened Democrat in our legislature even said that if we expanded the tax base by including many services which are exempt from it we could lower the overall Sales tax rate in NC from almost 7% to 4%. Another suggestion would be to exempt food and clothes from the sales tax like PA did at least till 2002 when I lived in that area.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »

I must withdrawl my endorsement of Hamilton for Lt. Governor.

I will and have voted for "None Of The Above" with a second place for Hamilton.

Looking over this election I've decided that neith Ebowed or Hamilton are the best choices for Lt. Governor of The Pacific. Perhaps if this campaign wasn't about smearing.

First of all this election doesn't really even matter that much, so why would you guys care about attacking eachother 24/7 when Lt. Governor does pretty much nothing. All I want from our next Lt. Gov is that they update our wiki pages.

So now I announce my support for None Of The Above in the election for Lt. Governor of The Pacific.

And don't you dare call me a zombie or robot or whatever, because I'm not going to be just some RPP member that votes for whoever I'm told to vote for.

You can preference anyone if you preference None of the Above.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:19:27 PM »

You can preference anyone if you preference None of the Above.

I assume you mean "can't"?

Yea I did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies