Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:46:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 10948 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 01, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »

AlexHam, your candidacy has the potential to open up the game to a new era more competitive and open elections, but also one of less bitter, less divisive politics.

So my question is, both in your campaign and if you are so lucky as to be elected Lt. Governor of the Pacific, are you ready to build bridges with the JCP and rise above partisan discord? Or, as has been evident in this thread so far, will your candidacy simply serve as another fertile ground for RPP and JCP leaders to snipe at one another?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »

AlexHam, your candidacy has the potential to open up the game to a new era more competitive and open elections, but also one of less bitter, less divisive politics.

So my question is, both in your campaign and if you are so lucky as to be elected Lt. Governor of the Pacific, are you ready to build bridges with the JCP and rise above partisan discord? Or, as has been evident in this thread so far, will your candidacy simply serve as another fertile ground for RPP and JCP leaders to snipe at one another?
I don't think the RPP/JCP feud really exists that heavily at all.  I have no problem speaking to members of the JCP including Bgwah, on interests that affect all parties.  We certainly run competitive elections against each other, but if we didn't I don't think that the game could survive.  The dominance of the two major parties coupled with a strong 3rd party is what has revived this game from the brink of death.  Alexander Hamilton is simply looking to show here that, as he said, the RPP is not only just a party of the Dirty South, but the Pacific RPP and DS RPP are different

On some topics, sure, the parties can get along. But there is quite the blanket of animosity resting beneath the surface, especially when it comes to candidacies and elections. This thread, so far, has been pretty focused on politics and veiled jabs at each party. There is a reason there are so few aisle-crossing votes in Atlasia and the discussion here does not seem like that's changing.

It is reassuring to hear AlexHam's remarks and I hope you do live up to that, both in words and actions. Maybe you can turn this thread into a real show of unity.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »

Lt. Governor Barnes is an example of a good Lt. Governor. He's really helped bring activity to his region.

I agree. I think new members should be encouraged to run for these sorts of seats, not to "do" anything, but rather to learn, experience and gain visibility. You have to get on the stage before you can hope to play in the orchestra or someday, perhaps, direct it yourself.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:17:44 PM »

The most catastrophically horrible GM Atlasia has experienced, including bringing up constitutionality questions when the Senate attempted to remove him from this position.

I won that lawsuit.  And it was entirely within my rights to sue.  I think even Purple State would agree with that.

Whoa, let me enjoy following this race in peace. Don't drag me into it. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »

Smear campaigns have a tendancy to blow up in the face of the candidate doing the smearing. Just ask Elizabeth Dole. The fact that Ebowed's supporters are getting more desperate to throw dirt on you, is just a sign that they actually see you as a big valid threat.

Or we're just bored.

Yeah that's a reason too I guess Tongue And you're quite successful on that at least, cause this is the most intresting election since the Precidency if you ask me. 

Amazing that it is over the position of Lt. Governor in one of the less active regions. I'm hoping it's a sign of changing winds.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »

And give up races like this? Never. This is better than the Senate race.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:32:33 PM »

And give up races like this? Never. This is better than the Senate race.

Look, everybody knows than you try to have RPP preferences, so stop to be so pro-regional. Even the RPP is less pro-region than you!

Yes, because my pro-region stance has nothing to do with the RPP. I love the regions because the regions are the only reason I am where I am in this game. They are also why you are in the position you hold now as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 01:22:02 AM »

I just have to say, while I don't try to be confrontational, apparently that is what I am here. My causes don't tend to be as well received as I may like them to be and I don't usually rest quietly when people attack me personally.

I figured I would call myself out before the usual sneers and jeers come knocking down the door.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 01:41:55 AM »

A constitutional crisis occurred because of your inability to fulfill obligations to Atlasia. Not exactly A GOOD RECORD.

Are you disagreeing with the Supreme Court's acceptance of my lawsuit?

Do you disagree with the final conclusion they reached?

Little did we know we could have avoided the lawsuit if we (as we eventually did) simply insert it as a constitutional amendment, through statute, in the final Article.

A fun time was had by all though.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 11:08:14 AM »

At the end of the day, you are better off rising above the criticism and jabs and talking around it. The original likelihood of you winning this race was incredibly slim, but the campaign has all but removed whatever chance that was.

Ebowed has been doing this for too long. He knows what he is doing. Notice how his attacks are displayed as innocent and funny, while you have only been reactionary. His methods exactly match any other negative campaign and you feel into the trap of going overboard to combat the smears. Now would be a good time to cut your losses and finish the campaign with some dignity. After the election, remain active in the legislature, build a record and a name, gain some respect, and then you can try again. But finishing this race in a blaze of glory won't help you in any conceivable way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies