Who would you vote for under these circumstances (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:01:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who would you vote for under these circumstances (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would you vote for under these circumstances  (Read 15067 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: March 04, 2004, 01:15:52 AM »
« edited: March 04, 2004, 01:19:04 AM by Beet »

I have absolutely no religious convictions whatsoever, and I find this about as offensive as anything I've ever read here.

Why not just round the bastards up and stick them in death camps?  

what?

My comments were made in haste and anger.  I apologize Miami.  This is the intolerance of the Left about which I and Markdel (and apparently Mr. Koch!) complain.  If it had been anyone else, I probably would have concluded, "poor undereducated white trash democrat.  Hmmm.  let's spend some more money on education."

Ha ha. But really, tolerance of the religious right should just mean giving them the same rights as everyone else. No more, no less. They have freedom of speech, and so does everybody else. Yay, we're a happy family.

Huckleberry, I agree. It is my personal opinion that using Jesus for political purposes is pretty sick. The guy has suffered enough, as we've all been reminded, not to have his message co-opted for some political party's short term interests 2,000 years after the fact. Jesus is Jesus is Jesus. You can know his word by reading the Bible. Yes, he probably opposed same-sex marriage, but that doesn't mean he supports the entire Republican platform. He probably think it's very hard for a rich man to get into heaven, but that doesn't mean he supports the Democratic platform either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies