Who would you vote for under these circumstances (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:11:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who would you vote for under these circumstances (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would you vote for under these circumstances  (Read 15069 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 03, 2004, 03:16:10 PM »

Bush/Cheney of course, but then again I'd vote for them even if they joined one another in gay marriage.  
I get the feeling that certain people would vote for Bush even if the challenger was Abraham Lincoln or Jesus Christ.

Opebo probably would, since Jesus cared for the poor and Lincoln was most likely to the left of Bush on economy (and a protectionist, right?).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 04:15:07 PM »

Why do you republicans love proposing the idea of Hillary?

They want to win... ?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 01:39:15 PM »

Most of my views are shaped just to oppose the religious right.

If Kerry doesn't beat Bush I will worry about the future of the Democratic Party, because our party has just become anti-Republican, and if that loses in 2004 it will take a while to start back up. I wish the democratic party wasn't so moderate on issues like gun control. I don't care really about Health Care, and that is our party's platform. We should adopt fiscal responsibility as our  new  philosophy, to secure the moderate republicans of the Northeast and the West.

As an erstwhile Democrat who wound up being pretty conservative (for a Democrat), I find it pitiful when a liberal Democrat laments the poor health of the party.

Wasn't it only 12 years ago when the party DID adopt fiscal responsibility, and co-opted almost every successful republican doctrine while standing strong for civil rights and tolerance? Such a shame that it's chief proponent didn't understand the meaning of "it's the right thing to do".

The winning formula is not very far out of reach. Start with the DLC and move right from there.

Why not start with the GOP and not move at all... Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies