Democrat tickkets
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:15:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democrat tickkets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Democrat tickkets  (Read 5522 times)
lidaker
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -4.67

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2004, 04:16:00 AM »

Because it would seem disadvantageous for Senator Kerry to choose a Senator as a running mate - doing so would perhaps give the impression of a "Washington" ticket and could lead to difficulties for a Democratic takeover of the Senate - a governor might be a more appropriate choice; unfortunately, Gov. Richardson of NM has indicated his desire to complete his term in his office.

Bayh was a two-time Governor before he became a Senator.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2004, 04:27:10 AM »

Troy no offence but it would be stupid to pick Shehean, firstly a female pick for VP is risky anyway and in this election not a good idea and secondly Kerry's from MA and should be able to win NH by himself and picking a VP from a state right next to your candidate is a bad idea unless that VP bas broad geographical appeal... Shahean would not be a big boost any where except NH and even there is would be debatable as she was kicked out in 02 (same reason as well as his being disabled that Max Cleland will not be the VP)... Warner, Bayh and Edwards all have potential for far broader geographical support to recommend them then Shehean ever would... if you are looking for a female VP go with Mary Landrieu (D-LA)...    

zachman

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2004, 05:24:47 PM »

Senator Kerry, please do not pick Jeanne Shaheen. She talks really slowly and would get creamed as a speaker or in a debate with Cheney.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2004, 05:39:51 PM »

Senator Kerry, please do not pick Jeanne Shaheen. She talks really slowly and would get creamed as a speaker or in a debate with Cheney.

he won't, she makes no sense from a regional standpoint.
CollectiveInterest

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2004, 11:14:56 PM »

I like Rockfeller.

Solid. From the right region. See http://www.massinc.org/commonwealth/new_map_exclusive/ten_regions.html.

And lots of people have voted for a Rockefeller sometime in their lives.

Also, Rock was the first member of Congress to say voting for the Iraq War was a mistake. Picking Rock might save Kerry from stating the obvious.

If Kerry goes with a pro-Iraq War VP, Kerry and the Dems shouldn't expect to get votes from people, like me, that opposed the war and have since been vindicated.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2004, 01:06:10 PM »

Pick a running mate for national support, and to kill Dick Cheney in a debate, fundraising is also a good reason.

I don't think Cheney is easily out debated.  He's certainly going to be smarter and better informed than any Democratic VP candidate - but alas, all that will matter is that the Dem will probably look better.  Even so, I don't think Cheney looks all that bad considering all he's been through.. sort of a kindly grandfather.  
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2004, 01:08:33 PM »

Pick a running mate for national support, and to kill Dick Cheney in a debate, fundraising is also a good reason.

I don't think Cheney is easily out debated.  He's certainly going to be smarter and better informed than any Democratic VP candidate - but alas, all that will matter is that the Dem will probably look better.  Even so, I don't think Cheney looks all that bad considering all he's been through.. sort of a kindly grandfather.  

I wouldn't want a kindly grandfather to be the man in charge...and that image might be hard to sustain if he goes negative.
zachman

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2004, 02:40:38 PM »

True, Cheney isn't easily outdebated. That is why the democrats need to pick someone who makes him speechless or mumble, and make him look like a bullied kid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies