Bush said he was upset Iraq didn't have WMDs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush said he was upset Iraq didn't have WMDs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush said he was upset Iraq didn't have WMDs?  (Read 2044 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2004, 09:38:12 PM »

In the debate he said he was upset no WMDs were found in Iraq.

But isn't this good? Doesn't this mean they didn't have them and never sold them to terrorists?

I don't understand!
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 10:00:19 PM »

But isn't this good? Doesn't this mean they didn't have them and never sold them to terrorists?

I don't understand!
Here's the Debate Transcrit

What President Bush said was:

"We all thought there was weapons there, Robin. My opponent thought there was weapons there. That's why he called him a grave threat.

I wasn't happy when we found out there wasn't weapons, and we've got an intelligence group together to figure out why."

From the context it is clear what he is not happy about is the intelligence failure.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 11:38:12 PM »

I don't understand!

"We all thought there was weapons there, Robin. My opponent thought there was weapons there. That's why he called him a grave threat.

I wasn't happy when we found out there wasn't weapons, and we've got an intelligence group together to figure out why."

From the context it is clear what he is not happy about is the intelligence failure.

Two observations 1) I'm sure he was in fact very upset that Iraq had no weapons, and 2) what atrocious grammar!
Donovan
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 11:42:43 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Funny that, I am unhappy about Bush's intelligence too.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 02:39:23 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Funny that, I am unhappy about Bush's intelligence too.

I bet you could go to Yale.
khirkhib

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 03:55:57 AM »

That's a good defense StatesRights.  The sad thing is though I'm sure even Donovan could have gone to Yale if his father and grandfather had gone there.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 10:23:42 AM »

That's a good defense StatesRights.  The sad thing is though I'm sure even Donovan could have gone to Yale if his father and grandfather had gone there.

If you want to start applying the "Daddy got me" standard you better start looking at your own party. People like JFK, FDR, Kerry and many many others. Nepotism is in both parties and its not even worth debating it.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 11:59:05 AM »

I don't mind Bush using incorrect grammar when speaking off the cuff, in innocently gets something wrong, but it really annoys me when he intentionally mispronounces words, "nucular" in particular.  It's like he's mocking people who actually bother to get the language right.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 12:01:03 PM »

I don't mind Bush using incorrect grammar when speaking off the cuff, in innocently gets something wrong, but it really annoys me when he intentionally mispronounces words, "nucular" in particular.  It's like he's mocking people who actually bother to get the language right.

Try pronouncing Nuclear with a southern accent! Have fun.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 04:57:59 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2004, 04:59:59 PM by Jesus »

I don't understand!

But still, that means Saddam didn't WMDs and didn't sell them to terrorists. He shouldn't be upset, he should be glad!

About "nukular," I don't know whether it is the result of an accent or not, but no dialect is more correct than another. The English think Americans speak their language incorrectly, even the ones with the standard accent.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 06:28:17 AM »

I've heard Kerry start to say idear[/r] then half way through realize that he wasn't speaking to a Massachusetts audience, and try to drop the 'r' and stick an 'a' back on the end.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies