Campaign HQ - Ebowed for Lieutenant Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:47:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign HQ - Ebowed for Lieutenant Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Campaign HQ - Ebowed for Lieutenant Governor  (Read 5321 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »

The following is a paid political advertisement.

THE CANDIDATE WITH AN ATTITUDE: HAMILTON CONTINUES NEGATIVE CAMPAIGN

Alexander Hamilton (RPP) is shaping up to be the candidate with a bad attitude.

Faced with questions about his ability to win and his ability to govern competently, he actually called a well respected Pacific resident an "asshole" and a "dick."

Some people might say that a candidate should show respect to all of his potential constituents, and avoid profane name calling to the person that he would be expected to work alongside with if elected.

Clearly, Hamilton is not one of these people.

Paid for by the Committee to Elect Ebowed to the Pacific Lieutenant Governorship.

More lies, eh? I told him to stop "being" a dick. Much different from is.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2009, 10:10:56 PM »

In order to stop being a dick, one must be a dick in the first place.

Keep digging that hole.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 10:12:32 PM »

In order to stop being a dick, one must be a dick in the first place.

Keep digging that hole.

Being implies a specific point in time. Is implies the basic composure of something.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2009, 10:17:27 PM »

Being implies a specific point in time. Is implies the basic composure of something.

So you mean to clarify that when you told Meeker to stop being a dick, you never at any point hoped to imply that he is one.

Reminds me of a time back in Vietnam when I told one of my soldier friends to stop being a Communist.  He got all angry at me because I accused him of being a Communist.  I was like, nah, dude, I just meant, stop being one.  That's all.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2009, 12:58:50 AM »

Hamilton has shown not only that is he unable to get along with me but also that he has no interest in even trying to get along with me. I don't see how I could ever successfully govern this region in the upcoming months with him being so fervent in his attacks on myself and those who support me. He has no interest in working with those from other parties - he only has interest in attacking them.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 01:01:24 AM »

I support you. At least I plan on giving you my vote. i do think you'll be a good governor. I just wish you weren't so rude to me.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 01:45:11 AM »

This quote seems to suggest unnecessary confrontation on Meeker's part. Seems that more that one party may be guilty of not trying to get along with the other:

Ebowed, not Meeker, is challenging Hamilton. It's okay, it's late. Wink

They're both just red Washington avatars to me. Tongue

And this is what the Pacific needs... not just another empty suit hiding behind a red avatar. We need a true independent voice that will work for the people.

I'll take an empty suit hiding behind a red avatar over an insufferable twelve-year-old with the intellectual acumen of a goldfish any day.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 01:46:19 AM »

This quote seems to suggest unnecessary confrontation on Meeker's part.

Really?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 01:47:34 AM »

This quote seems to suggest unnecessary confrontation on Meeker's part. Seems that more that one party may be guilty of not trying to get along with the other:

And this is what the Pacific needs... not just another empty suit hiding behind a red avatar. We need a true independent voice that will work for the people.

I'll take an empty suit hiding behind a red avatar over an insufferable twelve-year-old with the intellectual acumen of a goldfish any day.

He directly attacked me (and Ebowed) in the preceding post.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2009, 01:49:03 AM »

He directly attacked me (and Ebowed) in the preceding post.

No I didn't. I said we don't need that. I never said that you were that. But if you think something like that would be a reference to you.....

Come on, Ebowed has made a name for himself, and you don't get to serve as VP under bgwah by being an empty suit, let's be realistic here.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2009, 01:54:31 AM »

Based on the context, it would seem to be attacking Ebowed and/or Alcon. Considering that you are running for a different office than him, I doubt he meant that attack for you.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2009, 01:59:07 AM »

Based on the context, it would seem to be attacking Ebowed and/or Alcon. Considering that you are running for a different office than him, I doubt he meant that attack for you.

Has Alcon ever had a red avatar?

And he made the comment directly after the newspaper confused Ebowed and myself. It's pretty obvious whom he was referring to.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2009, 01:59:30 AM »

Yes.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2009, 02:00:57 AM »

And he made the comment directly after the newspaper confused Ebowed and myself. It's pretty obvious whom he was referring to.

Not to my knowledge, but that is what I interpreted based on the context.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2009, 02:04:44 AM »

No I didn't. I said we don't need that. I never said that you were that. But if you think something like that would be a reference to you.....

Why would you say that we don't need it if it applies to none of the options facing the Pacific?

You need to stop calling people names and then pretending that you did not.  This is becoming a habit!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2009, 02:05:23 AM »

Why would you say that we don't need it if it applies to none of the options facing the Pacific?

You need to stop calling people names and then pretending that you did not.  This is becoming a habit!

I was simply making a generalization.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »

Just posting here instead of in the debate thread:

Response:
I reject the premise of the question.

If elected, I will do exactly as I promised the Pacific electorate.

Members of Atlas Forum who are qualified to register in Atlasia - there is nothing wrong with trying to recruit these people.  That is clearly not what you have been doing recently, and there is no other way to describe this except as electorate manipulation.

I have never met them until today and am not a member of other sites. Don't accuse me of doing this without explicit proof.

Hamilton is just the pawn of course, the one organizing all this is most likely DWTL
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »

Ebowed will now receive the coveted President's Endorsement©, for being the candidate in this race who is not trying to win with a flood of horrible newbie posters as well as not calling respected members of Atlasia dicks. Congratulations!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2009, 01:48:57 AM »

Ebowed will now receive the coveted President's Endorsement©, for being the candidate in this race who is not trying to win with a flood of horrible newbie posters as well as not calling respected members of Atlasia dicks. Congratulations!

Thank you, Mr. President.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2009, 01:50:56 AM »

Pacific Regional Senator's Endorsed!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »

Hamilton is just the pawn of course, the one organizing all this is most likely DWTL
Now I get credit for things I don't even do.  I have nothing to do with the recruitment drive in the Pacific as I have told many including some in the JCP.  However, at this point considering its success I see no reason to call it off.  I may have called it off if the JCP was welcoming of opposing parties as the Dirty South is, but you guys called in the big guns for a Lt. Gov. race
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »

I have nothing to do with the recruitment drive in the Pacific as I have told many including some in the JCP.  However, at this point considering its success I see no reason to call it off.  I may have called it off if the JCP was welcoming of opposing parties as the Dirty South is, but you guys called in the big guns for a Lt. Gov. race

You had nothing to do with the recruitment process, yet you have the power to "call it off."  Interesting.

I don't see why you continue to assume that we have called in the big guns.  Everything I have done here is my standard campaign procedure.  It's not my fault if your candidate cannot conduct a campaign as well and instead must rely on manipulating the electorate.  The fact that you defend such behavior suggests to me that some sort of ethics investigation should not be out of the question.

Thank you, Senator.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »

I have nothing to do with the recruitment drive in the Pacific as I have told many including some in the JCP.  However, at this point considering its success I see no reason to call it off.  I may have called it off if the JCP was welcoming of opposing parties as the Dirty South is, but you guys called in the big guns for a Lt. Gov. race

You had nothing to do with the recruitment process, yet you have the power to "call it off."  Interesting.

I don't see why you continue to assume that we have called in the big guns.  Everything I have done here is my standard campaign procedure.  It's not my fault if your candidate cannot conduct a campaign as well and instead must rely on manipulating the electorate.  The fact that you defend such behavior suggests to me that some sort of ethics investigation should not be out of the question.

Thank you, Senator.

Says the disgraced former PPT, ethics violator.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2009, 07:21:04 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2009, 07:24:30 PM by Ebowed »

Too bad you weren't around to join your mentor's call for the PPT's impeachment.

Heh.

P.S. If you are seriously ignoring the ethical implications of this it will come back to hurt you, undoubtedly.  The wisest thing would be to distance yourself from the manipulation.  Of course, since your victory relies on these votes, I hardly expect you to do the right thing here.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2009, 07:23:22 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2009, 07:28:16 PM by Hamilton »

Too bad you weren't around to join your mentor's call for the PPT's impeachment.

Heh.

I don't have a mentor. And I clearly do not have an ethics problem, as I am unaware of where these new voters came from, I think I have already clarified that enough. Even if it did happen to be someone sending them here I am completely unknowledgeable of any kind of recruiting efforts off-site.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies