Rasmussen: Hillary beats Palin by 12
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:31:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rasmussen: Hillary beats Palin by 12
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Hillary beats Palin by 12  (Read 1733 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:05:42 PM »

Suppose that in the Presidential election you had a choice between Republican Sarah Palin and Democrat Hillary Clinton. If the election were held today, would you vote for Republican Sarah Palin or Democrat Hillary Clinton?

Hillary: 51%
Palin: 39%

Women overwhelmingly favor Clinton over Palin, 59% to 32%. Men favor the GOP ex-governor by eight points, 48% to 40%. Palin gets 71% of the Republican vote, while Clinton captures 81% of Democrats. Voters not affiliated with either party break down almost evenly between the two candidates, giving Clinton a slight 44% to 41% edge.

Do you have a very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable or very unfavorable impression of Hillary Clinton?

53% Favorable
43% Unfavorable

How would you rate the job Hillary Clinton has been doing as Secretary of State … do you strongly approve, somewhat approve, somewhat disapprove, or strongly disapprove of the job she’s been doing?

59% Approve
35% Disapprove

How likely is it that Hillary Clinton will challenge President Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2012?

44% Likely
46% Not Likely

How likely is it that Hillary Clinton will become the first woman president?

38% Likely
52% Not Likely

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/toplines/pt_survey_toplines/august_2009/toplines_hillary_clinton_i_july_30_31_2009

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/toplines/pt_survey_toplines/august_2009/toplines_hillary_clinton_ii_july_30_31_2009
marvelrobbins
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »

Well I see Rasmussen Is Pushpolling again.
DariusNJ

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 03:34:15 PM »

Pointless poll.

Plus, only 71% of Republicans would vote for Palin?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 03:42:27 PM »

What if both candidates were naked?

I bet Palin would win then.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »

Look at that gender gap.  I think Palin is pretty hot myself but seriously?  Do we boys just not have the ability to  think about future consequences when that part of our brain is activated?

Alternatively, men just really hate Hillary Clinton.  Or women really love her.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

True, but there's always the chance that Obama dies or resigns before his term is up.  It's happened 4 times in the last century (i.e., 4 out of the last 25 presidential terms), so it's hardly impossible.  Under such circumstances, it's not totally clear what would happen with the 2012 Democratic nomination.  Biden would be the favorite, but depending on the timing and circumstances, I could see it going to HRC.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »

Pointless poll.

How is that surprising?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »

Uhh, how? Those questions are legitimate.
DariusNJ

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »

Pointless poll.

How is that surprising?

Because the Republican base is much unified than the Democratic base.  They tend to support their nominee in higher numbers than the Democrats support the Democratic nominee. In 2004, 93% of Republicans voted for Bush, while 6% voted for Kerry. In 2008, McCain got 90% of the Republican vote. There's no plausible explanation why Palin would only be pulling 71% of her own party, especially since Hillary Clinton is not exactly adored by Republicans.

Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »

Pointless poll.

How is that surprising?

Because the Republican base is much unified than the Democratic base.  They tend to support their nominee in higher numbers than the Democrats support the Democratic nominee. In 2004, 93% of Republicans voted for Bush, while 6% voted for Kerry. In 2008, McCain got 90% of the Republican vote. There's no plausible explanation why Palin would only be pulling 71% of her own party, especially since Hillary Clinton is not exactly adored by Republicans.

You aren't thinking it through. A lot of people are upset with the party in general. If they don't get their candidate, it could spell not voting GOP.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 08:00:23 AM »

How likely is it that Hillary Clinton will challenge President Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2012?

44% Likely
46% Not Likely

LOL WUT?
DariusNJ

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »

Pointless poll.

How is that surprising?

You aren't thinking it through. A lot of people are upset with the party in general. If they don't get their candidate, it could spell not voting GOP.
I understand that, but its ridiculous to think that such a large amount of Republicans would vote for Hillary Clinton.
cmbeattie
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -2.09

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »

"I think Palin is pretty hot myself but seriously? "

Me too, if this was a hotness contest Palin would win.
Because of her early resignation and inability to give good answers. I don't want her as the nominee for my party. I like her though.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »

Uhh, how? Those questions are legitimate.
Not in this parallel universe. We're talking of the last two questions, specifically.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 04:54:07 PM »

Pointless poll.

How is that surprising?

I understand that, but its ridiculous to think that such a large amount of Republicans would vote for Hillary Clinton.

Hillary support right now is a sign of anti-Obama sentiment and has been since April 2008. Hence Republicans say they like her because they do- compared to Obama.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »

Yeah, Republicans definitely started liking Hillary more when she became the anti-Obama. I know I did, and I supported her over McCain for President. But not over Romney.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies