Attention whore thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:03:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Attention whore thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attention whore thread  (Read 854 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »

I'm getting two wisdom teeth removed tomorrow afternoon, so I am, predictably, quite nervous and I'm sure as hell not looking forward to sleeping like an idiot for days and eating goddamn Jello and mashed potatoes.

Did anybody have theirs removed? How did it go? How long were you dead for afterward (I don't trust the dentist saying it's alright after 2 hours)?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 06:19:43 PM »

I'm getting two wisdom teeth removed tomorrow afternoon, so I am, predictably, quite nervous and I'm sure as hell not looking forward to sleeping like an idiot for days and eating goddamn Jello and mashed potatoes.

Did anybody have theirs removed? How did it go? How long were you dead for afterward (I don't trust the dentist saying it's alright after 2 hours)?

I feel for you...I'm due to have all 4 out shortly Sad
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 06:28:48 PM »

It's not bad at all.  You won't feel a thing.  The food gets annoying, but you'll only really need to stay lazy for a few days.  I was pretty zonked out for a while after, but obviously didn't notice or care one bit.  I just wanted to sleep.  And the stitches aren't bad either.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:39:05 PM »

I got all 4 of mine out at once. The major pain should be gone after a few days but don't be surprised if there is still pain after 7-8 days. Mine took me that long before I was feeling 100% again.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »

I felt fine that evening and was eating popcorn. Then again I was smart and didn't let them completely knock me out. The pain is comparable to someone pushing their knuckle into your jaw (ie, bearable without taking tons of pills). I saved mine to abuse later.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 09:21:30 PM »

I had all four wisdom teeth removed plus TMJ surgery. They used hardcore anathesia on me, I remember sitting in the chair and then the next second I was home. I went to Fayetteville, Arkansas (which is like a 2 hour drive) for the procedure. I was out through the whole surgery, the ride home, and came to in the reclining chair in our family den. I don't remember feeling that much pain, but the cotton balls in my mouth were annoying.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 09:26:53 PM »

I had all four of mine surgically removed (they hadn't broken through yet at age 17).. I got put under for it.

The first two days afterwards sucked... I basically drank water and ate blended up homemade chicken noodle soup.  Then things got better.. but when I went to school I took my Vicodin beforehand and got really high so I went home and slept.  Apparently I didn't need it anymore.

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 01:31:10 AM »

I haven't gotten them out and yet and all four are in. I can't afford to have surgery to get them out. They only hurt at random times, and when they do its usually one side then it moves to the other side overtime. The bottom ones hurt the most.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 02:06:13 AM »

I had all four of mine removed one fine April morning back in 1995.  That evening I was driving my wife back to the hospital so she could give birth to our son.  Great timing!  To make the story slightly better this was in Mississippi and we lived in a nasty old mobile home.

Be prepared to have giant cheeks for a day or two.  Your friends and family WILL make fun of you for it.  With modern anesthetics, there is very little pain overall.  A little dull throbbing as your meds start to wear off.  Nothing to be worried about really.
I haven't gotten them out and yet and all four are in. I can't afford to have surgery to get them out. They only hurt at random times, and when they do its usually one side then it moves to the other side overtime. The bottom ones hurt the most.
Cost of the operation was one of the top three reasons I joined the Air Force.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 02:14:39 AM »

You can move to Minnesota and get Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare...

but then you have to live in Minnesota.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 02:15:31 AM »

I must not have much wisdom. I am 18 and only one of the wisdom teeth has began to get out.

I don't believe than I will have to remove them, there is more than enough place for them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 02:42:43 AM »

Not everyone needs them removed.  My older sister still has hers (she only has the bottom two...I think) and she will turn 40 in April.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 02:50:29 AM »

Not everyone needs them removed.  My older sister still has hers (she only has the bottom two...I think) and she will turn 40 in April.
Sh*t dude, I got mine removed when I was 15!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 02:53:26 AM »

Sh*t dude, I got mine removed when I was 15!

Well, they are called ''wisdom'' teeth.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 08:53:55 AM »

I feel for you...I'm due to have all 4 out shortly Sad

Andrew, normally I perform this procedure for half of what a fancy-schmantzy "dentist" would charge.  But if you pay my air fare to Scotland, I will remove them for you at no cost.  Sound like a deal?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »

I'm 19 and I haven't even gotten my wisdom teeth yet.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies