The Update 2: BushOklahoma and the House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:27:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update 2: BushOklahoma and the House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Update 2: BushOklahoma and the House  (Read 3954 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2009, 07:28:26 PM »
« edited: August 06, 2009, 08:16:10 PM by Made in the USA »

Good Evening, folks,

I have an update to share.  As most of you know, I've been looking for a house in Midwest City for a little while and I have found one.  I wrote an offer on it last Friday night and the sellers accepted the offer as written Saturday about 12:00 noon.  The closing date is tentatively scheduled for Friday, August 21, 2009 around 11:00 am.  The home inspection is tomorrow morning at 9:00 am and the termite inspection will be tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 pm.  I applied for an FHA grant from the City of Midwest City on Monday in the amount of $5,000.  Everything looks really good for that.  They've got to do a code-enforcement inspection sometime this week and then I am going to a homebuyers education workshop this Saturday from 8:30-4:30 in Oklahoma City.  If the home inspection goes well, which I suspect it will, then we should be able to order the appraisal either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning.  The appraisal will be done probably 7-8 days after that, by next Thursday or Friday, August 13-14.  Then, on Thursday night, August 20, we will do a final walk-through of the property and go to closing Friday morning.  I should only have to bring under $200 to closing, which will be nice.  After I close, I will file an amended return on my 2008 taxes and receive the government money in the amount of $7,550 in about 10 days or by September 1.

I'll move out of my apartment completely on Saturday, August 29.

Needless to say with everything going on this month, I may not be on the forum very much.  I should be back more once we get into September.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »

I thought this was about the show Tongue
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:30:02 PM »

You're moving out on my birthday, FYI.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »

Is this the spinoff of "Update" about a tangentially related character?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 07:09:24 PM »

Another house update:

Things are moving right along.  Yesterday, I had the home and termite inspections and both came back great.  Today was the code enforcement inspection for the $5,000 grant I am applying for from the City of Midwest City and that came back beautifully.  Tomorrow is the FHA appraisal.  If all goes well, I will get the appraisal back by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, then it will go a couple days into underwriting which would take us until Friday, August 14 and then a couple days to get to closing which would take us to about Tuesday or Wednesday, August 18 or 19.  We are still scheduled to close on Friday, August 21.

On Monday, August 17, I am going to notify my apartment of my impending vacating.  Then, probably on Tuesday, August 18, I will change my address to my new home and then, probably, Thursday, August 20, I will get the utilities changed into my name and do a final walk-through of the home and property.

Friday afternoon after the closing, I will do a little cleaning in the house and then move a little bit of furniture in such as bed, recliner, and TV and spend my first night at my new home that night.  We'll also go by Wal-Mart and get some groceries so I can start cooking.  On Saturday, August 22, we've hired some professional movers to help us get all of my furniture and boxes moved.  Finally, on Monday, August 24, 2009, I will do one final walk-through of the apartment to make sure I haven't left anything and then turn the keys in that afternoon.

I'm sure you're just dying to know my timeline, but TOUGH.

Things are moving along just dandy right now.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »

Change the name of the thread to "The Update 2: House Update". Thanks.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:19:27 AM »

Change the name of the thread to "The Update 2: House Update". Thanks.

I eagerly await: "The Update 3: The Christmas Preparations Begin".
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »

The Update®, Comedy Goldmine®, and Post a Picture of Yourself® series of threads are ©2009 by Atlas Forum Community Productions LLC for the private use of our membership.  Any other use of these thread titles or of any pictures, descriptions or quotes from theses threads outside of the Atlas Forum without kljackson's consent is prohibited.  All rights reserved.  NO BRTD ALLOWED.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 08:07:33 PM »

Is it alright if I take this one over whenever my Asian mistress and I begin communicating in school next year? I'm positive it will happen.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 08:28:57 PM »

Is it alright if I take this one over whenever my Asian mistress and I begin communicating in school next year? I'm positive it will happen.

Sure
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »

Nope. Also thanks for the name change, Okie. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 07:20:19 AM »

I'd rather you not hijack my threads Smiley  If you want to update us about that, then start your own thread!!  Thanks, Duke!
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.17

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 06:49:20 PM »

I'm glad this update is a happier one!  Cheesy

Let us know how the moving goes!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 10:54:27 PM »

This is indeed a much happier.  It is proof that some sequels are better than the originals, Tongue.

I went to the homebuyer's education workshop today from 8:30-3:00, then started cleaning stuff up in my apartment this evening by taking out a lot of trash.

Tomorrow afternoon after church, i'll probably do some dishes and get those all ready to be packed up.

After tonight, I've only got 12 nights left in this apartment.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »

congrats!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 06:01:21 PM »

Monday, August 10, 2009 Update:

The appraisal came back this morning at a value of $76,000 (I'm paying $75,500) with no repairs needed.  That is indeed a blessing.  This was also our last major hurdle before closing.

The file will now be submitted to underwriting tomorrow morning and that should take 48-72 hours, which would put it Thursday or Friday to come back.  When it comes out of underwriting it will go straight into the closing process and I'll get the grant (technically, a deferred loan) of $5,000 sent to the title company in Midwest City and we'll close on Friday, August 21, 2009.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 06:56:18 PM »

This is indeed a much happier.  It is proof that some sequels are better than the originals, Tongue.

I went to the homebuyer's education workshop today from 8:30-3:00, then started cleaning stuff up in my apartment this evening by taking out a lot of trash.

Tomorrow afternoon after church, i'll probably do some dishes and get those all ready to be packed up.

I went to the homebuyer's education workshop today

What goes on in that?  My MO was to figure out where to get the money for a down payment (sometimes with no money, which required using my creative little brain to finesse that small issue), and then well getting a property under contract, and inspecting it, and buying it.  What am I missing?  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 07:05:40 PM »

BushOK -

I might have missed this in the other Update thread, but who is all the "we" and "us" that are moving in?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 09:00:24 PM »

I went to the homebuyer's education workshop today

What goes on in that?  My MO was to figure out where to get the money for a down payment (sometimes with no money, which required using my creative little brain to finesse that small issue), and then well getting a property under contract, and inspecting it, and buying it.  What am I missing?  Smiley

The workshop was going over all the ins and outs and details of buying a home.  It covered everything from insurance to lending to realtors to inspections to the Fair Housing Act.  It even had some good budgeting tips at the open.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 09:06:53 PM »

BushOK -

I might have missed this in the other Update thread, but who is all the "we" and "us" that are moving in?

You haven't missed anything.  The plural pronouns represent myself and all the parties who are supporting me such as my family and friends, realtor, lender, forum, etc.  I'm the only one moving in and the only name on the deed to the property, so it probably would have been more appropriate to use the singular pronouns.  One thing about me is I like to give credit where credit is due, and in this case credit is due to be given to all those who have supported me through thick and thin the last 3 months and beyond.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 05:57:57 AM »

BushOK -

You haven't missed anything.  The plural pronouns represent myself and all the parties who are supporting me such as my family and friends, realtor, lender, forum, etc.  I'm the only one moving in and the only name on the deed to the property, so it probably would have been more appropriate to use the singular pronouns.  One thing about me is I like to give credit where credit is due, and in this case credit is due to be given to all those who have supported me through thick and thin the last 3 months and beyond.

Ok, well good luck and congrats.....my mortgage is now paid off but the horrors of my closing 25 years ago still linger.......glad your experience is better.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 06:01:13 AM »

BushOK -

Ok, well good luck and congrats.....my mortgage is now paid off but the horrors of my closing 25 years ago still linger.......glad your experience is better.

Back then in that ancient history you had to put 20% down didn't you?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 06:04:11 AM »

BushOK -

Back then in that ancient history you had to put 20% down didn't you?

5% States with a high interest rate........refinanced and shortened the term to 20 years when I was able to.  And I"ll tell ya my friend, 5% of $50,000. + closing costs was a killer for us.

Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »

Another update:

I'm starting to get the details of closing day ironed out.  The closing appointment has been made for Friday, August 21, 2009 at 2:00 pm.

The utilities and the cable are all set to transfer into my name on the 21st.

I'm still ready to move the furniture on the 22nd.

This coming Monday, August 17, I will be meeting my sellers and getting introduced to my neighbors, so that will be nice.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »

I'm still baffled at how a house can only cost $76,000! My mother's car costed us that much!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies