Fashion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:58:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Fashion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Fashion  (Read 10926 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »

I pretty much just wear a polo and nice shorts. That's our "uniform" where I work, anything with a collar is really the only requirement.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »

...Mr. Moderate may have a waiver, though the above post is very disappointing to me Sad

It is not the brands themselves that matter, but how the clothes look on you.

Brands merely serve as a easy form of classification and should serve little more than the "if you liked that item, you might also like..." prompts on eBay or Amazon.

You shouldn't even know "how the clothes look on you"! Cry
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2009, 05:04:29 PM »

I dress fairly well, I'd like to think.

Most days, you'd find me wearing jeans. My standard jeans are from Diesel—my current pair was gotten at a "sample sale" for under $100. The difference between cheap jeans and expensive jeans is actually quite stark—an investment in a few solid pairs of jeans will pay very well over the long run, especially if you wear the same pair quite a few times between each wash.

Agreed.  A high-quality pair of jeans can last you the rest of your life (barring significant weight gain/loss) and actually improve with each wear. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Express is cool, but a little too "metro" for my taste.  Though I did buy a few military-style shirts at the start of the summer, including a plaid one on sale for $30.  I've also owned a few 1MX shirts here and there. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm moving more toward the "classic" style sneaker, but haven't found one I've been comfortable in.  I bought my first pair of Chucks (white) a few months ago, but there a bit too narrow for me.  I've owned quite a few pairs of Nike Blazers, but they absolutely kill my feet. 

I'm considering moving onto Adidas.  The Adidas Stan Smiths have really caught my eye.  They're basically a classic Adidas, but without the shell-toe.  The only drawback is that it provides little area for color accents. 

I wish it came with the traditional three stripes on the side to provide for some color variety.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »

Kids in high school, especially in the suburbs, have no problem wasting someone else's money at A&F and etc.

BS.  Go to a housing project and you'll see people wearing more expensive clothes than in the 'burbs. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2009, 05:20:17 AM »

Kids in high school, especially in the suburbs, have no problem wasting someone else's money at A&F and etc.

BS.  Go to a housing project and you'll see people wearing more expensive clothes than in the 'burbs. 

It is hardly news that poverty (including its insecurity and humiliation aspects) greatly reinforce brand based status-seeking.

If you're rich and what you can wear whatever you like and get pretty much all the respect due to you.. if you're poor and black you have to strive very hard to get any at all.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »

Nautica, Tommy, Ralph Lauren. football jerseys, some baseball jerseys, Jordan's air Max
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies