Would America be better off... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:24:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would America be better off... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would America be better off with a third major party?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Would America be better off...  (Read 4322 times)
Tory

« on: October 11, 2004, 06:14:22 PM »

I think a three party system is terrible, worse than two parties. I have reasons, but I don't really feel like going into them. If it were more like four of five parties, then that would be good.
Tory

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 06:41:51 PM »

Three parties are bad because one becomes basically a whore, trying to steal from the other two larger parties. And yes, it's stealing.

The best example of this are the Liberal Democrats here in the U.K. They try to funnel votes away from which ever party is looking weaker at a given moment. This means every couple of years thier ideology completely morphs. It also means that when they finally do get power, they will no longer be able to keep any of thier promises, because by doing one thing they upset a large portion of thier party. They are basically taking votes away from real parties until they gain power, when they will inevitably split into other parties, sending the party system into chaos, or become totally ineffective, equally damning.

That's why I support four or even five parties.
Tory

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 08:45:42 PM »

Three parties are bad because one becomes basically a whore, trying to steal from the other two larger parties. And yes, it's stealing.

Oh, I was unaware that people's votes were owned by the political parties and not the people themselves. Do the Libertarians steal votes from Bush and Kerry, or do we earn them? I don't disagree that there COULD be a party that would whore itself out, but how would that be different from the Republicans or Democrats doing it now - I'd rather have two honest parties with ideals and one whore than two whores. But yeah, four or five would be good, four would probably fit if we had one for every major ideology here(conservative, left-liberal, libertarian, and populist).

Please read my full post!!!! The weaker of the three parties would almost certainly become a whore.

By stealing votes I don't mean taking votes away from. I mean decieving people through lies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies