Will we ever elect a LGBT president? And if we do, when?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:54:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will we ever elect a LGBT president? And if we do, when?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Will we ever elect a LGBT president? And if we do, when?  (Read 10238 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »

It is, after all, somewhat hopeful by all accounts.

That's actually my prediction. Cheesy
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »

No. At least not until the next century, and hopefully not in my lifetime at the soonest.

Hopefully? Don't want a gay President then?
I've been wrong before.

I'll be laughing my ass off when we have a gay president in 2052, you faghater.

Hey, I do not hate anyone whose sexual orientation is different from the norm. However, on religious and moral grounds, I cannot support their movement for Gay Marriage (which I hold as a religious institution, not general), though I have no problem with Civil Unions. That does not mean that I support their lifestyle, but they should be allowed to do so. A LGBT President would likely push for the exact reform to which I am opposed. Again, it is not a problem of qualification, but one of policy.

Not all gays believe that the federal government should mandate marriage laws.  I'm sure there are some Log Cabin Republicans who, you know, believe in the Constitution.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »

2040s at earliest.
DS0816
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »

No. At least not until the next century, and hopefully not in my lifetime at the soonest.

That president will emerge straight out of the Republican Party (which has been the case with numerous, closeted officials).
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »

Fine, call me a bigot if you want to.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 11:42:43 PM »

Lahbas is not a bigot. Get over yourselves.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 04:17:33 AM »

Yes, it'll be none other than Dave Leip.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »

Sarah Palin wins in 2012, and she reveals in her victory speech that she is a lesbian.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »

I've been wrong before.

Hey, I do not hate anyone whose sexual orientation is different from the norm. However, on religious and moral grounds, I cannot support their movement for Gay Marriage (which I hold as a religious institution, not general), though I have no problem with Civil Unions. That does not mean that I support their lifestyle, but they should be allowed to do so. A LGBT President would likely push for the exact reform to which I am opposed. Again, it is not a problem of qualification, but one of policy.

Not all gays believe that the federal government should mandate marriage laws.  I'm sure there are some Log Cabin Republicans who, you know, believe in the Constitution.

So the Constituion doesn't prohibit states banning inter racial marriages as well? Surely the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the 14th Amendment appl;y to homosexuals as well? Yes, the amendment was added in the aftermath of the Civil War with the protection of freed slaves in mind, but it's been expanded far beyond just African Americans by the courts since then (hispanics, Aisians, etc).
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »

I've been wrong before.

So the Constituion doesn't prohibit states banning inter racial marriages as well? Surely the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the 14th Amendment appl;y to homosexuals as well? Yes, the amendment was added in the aftermath of the Civil War with the protection of freed slaves in mind, but it's been expanded far beyond just African Americans by the courts since then (hispanics, Aisians, etc).

bager, the equal protection clause is not violated in any way and you know that. A gay man has the same legal right to marry a woman as a straight man does.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »

I've been wrong before.

bager, the equal protection clause is not violated in any way and you know that. A gay man has the same legal right to marry a woman as a straight man does.

The same way a black man had the same right to marry someone from his own race, same as a white man?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2009, 10:26:59 PM »

Yes, in 2072.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to: