2012 Republican VP Nomination (closed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:21:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Republican VP Nomination (closed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: As a delegate, who would you vote for?
Rick Perry

Newt Gingrich

Tim Pawlenty

Mike Pence

Bobby Jindal

Eric Cantor

Jeb Bush

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: 2012 Republican VP Nomination (closed)  (Read 3508 times)
Lahbas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »
« edited: August 12, 2009, 03:46:37 PM by Lahbas »

Following Romney's clinching of the nomination, the Republicans must now nominate a VP canidate acceptable to the canidate. You may only have one vote, and should specify what kind of Republican you are.

Please, only Independents or Republicans vote in this poll.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »

So many good choices....Moderate Conservative from Colorado
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »

Far-right conservative, I voted for a Governor of a southern state.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:47:54 PM »

RINO from Columbia, South Carolina. I'm walking if My guy isn't nominated.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 07:08:01 AM »

Compassionate conservative from Michigan looking for a competent former Governor ( in 2012) with lots of skills and who can deliver a swing state ...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:34:24 AM »

A conservative, voted for a governor from the South who I don't support in 2010, but I think is a great candidate, and a great person.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »

I'd either want a to be former governor, or obviously the guy I tried to nominate off the floor...but the former gov would be a better VEEP
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 04:25:37 PM »

I'd rather a legislator, being that the top of the ticket lacks legislative experience.  I voted for Pence, but I think I'd prefer Cantor. 

I'll label myself a pro-life libertarian from New York.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »

A full spectrum, Anti-Corruption fiscally responsible Conservative from North Carolina. My choice should be obvious from that, if not, he is a highly conservative notherner, a congressmen, and one of the few that refused to "go with the flow" of the party.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 05:39:36 PM »

Progressive Latino from CA
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 05:44:15 PM »

I suppose that could be considered a "type" of Republican.  Tongue
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 05:48:32 PM »

Moderate, fiscal, compassionate conservative from Ohio.
Of course, the MidWest is important for me, but the VP nominee must also balance Mitt's wealthiness and origins.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »

I suppose that could be considered a "type" of Republican.  Tongue

It's a hint to who I supported.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 06:58:28 PM »

OR Cantor too....he'd have some experience by then, maybe a better job if Boehner for some reason got Speaker
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »

OR Cantor too....he'd have some experience by then, maybe a better job if Boehner for some reason got Speaker

Boehner knows his time is up. He's waiting to leave quietly soon. Do you think Cantor could become the new Minority leader over Pence? Assuming we stay in the Minority of course.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »

Boehner knows his time is up. He's waiting to leave quietly soon. Do you think Cantor could become the new Minority leader over Pence? Assuming we stay in the Minority of course.

Yes...Pence has more of a chance, but Cantor still could do it
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »

Also, Kevin McCarthy, deputy Whip is definitely up there somewhere. He's my rep.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 07:17:42 PM »

Also, Kevin McCarthy, deputy Whip is definitely up there somewhere. He's my rep.

Maybe. They'll work it out I'm sure behind closed doors and eventually out pops a leader
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

Maybe. They'll work it out I'm sure behind closed doors and eventually out pops a leader

It's good that the GOP has a nice pool of rising starts to lead the next generation Republican majority.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 07:20:29 PM »

It's good that the GOP has a nice pool of rising starts to lead the next generation Republican majority.

There's a block between old and new...just wait 10-20 years and the GOP will fully be new, or fully be dead and we'll have some other new party
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »

There's a block between old and new...just wait 10-20 years and the GOP will fully be new, or fully be dead and we'll have some other new party

I don't think the Republican party will die. We made it through FDR and Watergate, we can make it though this. We do lead in current House generic ballot polls. Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »

I don't think the Republican party will die. We made it through FDR and Watergate, we can make it though this. We do lead in current House generic ballot polls. Wink

We won't die if we don't continue to shrink into this little bubble of extreme right wing white males from the south....now that 2008 is over we are starting to reverse
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 07:38:26 PM »

We won't die if we don't continue to shrink into this little bubble of extreme right wing white males from the south....now that 2008 is over we are starting to reverse

I agree. I think a Romney candidacy could help to dispel the Southerner-only image we seem to have obtained. He is after all, from Taxachusetts. Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 07:40:03 PM »

What about Barbour, I know this contridicts what I was saying, but he does bring in money like Newt only he isn't deemed as "a crazy" from the left. However with the tabacoo industry in his background...
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »

What about Barbour, I know this contridicts what I was saying, but he does bring in money like Newt only he isn't deemed as "a crazy" from the left. However with the tabacoo industry in his background...

He is too Southern, too tobacco, and too white old conservative. We need something fresh and exciting that won't send a message to voters that we are a party of the Religious Right exclusively.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies