Best Eats in Richmond, Virginia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:21:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Best Eats in Richmond, Virginia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Eats in Richmond, Virginia?  (Read 578 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2009, 07:46:55 PM »

This query is for all the Virginians here, though I realize not all of you live in or have been to Richmond.

I go to Richmond on business twice a year.  I would like to broaden my choices when it comes to restaurants.  I make sure I never miss dinner at...

Vinnie's Italian Kitchen (West) on Broad.  It's just a storefront place by the food is outstanding for Italian-American.  But so far, it's the only can't miss place I know of there.

I have also eaten at Joe's Inn in the fan area.  I liked it, but it was really quite a "put on the feedbag" place.  I could have eaten that portion for three days!  But the food was very good.

And at Shula's, in the Sheraton.  It wasn't bad but hardly worth the prices charged.  And the drinks were watered down.

I usually stay at the Sheraton west because I get a killer rate there through Hotwire.  But I can drive a bit...I am starting to learn my way around.

Any suggestions?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 08:43:02 PM »

Just go to Five Guys, you can't go wrong
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »

Just go to Five Guys, you can't go wrong

Yup.  Ruth's Chris is a must; Little Venice, Stuffys, The Crazy Greek, and Angelos are all amazing, but they may be in Henrico, and not the City Proper.  There are plenty more, but those are the ones that come to mind instantly.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:43:02 PM »

Two more places: The Peking, and the Westhampton Bakery.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:43:36 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2009, 09:45:36 PM by fezzyfestoon »

Sine' Irish Pub.  It's in a great part of town and has great food.  I stop there with my parents on the way to school every time.  It's downtown on E Cary Street, so it's a bit out of your way.  Well worth it if you ask me though.  It gets quite lively in the area and in the restaurant at times.  You can walk around the area on the tree-lined cobblestone streets, too.

Never go to a chain when in a different city, that's the worst idea I've ever heard.  Why would you get something you can have at home when you're in a completely different place?  That's the perfect opportunity to broaden your horizons and experience a city's way of life.  One of the best ways to do that is through its dining.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 09:50:18 PM »

Never go to a chain when in a different city, that's the worst idea I've ever heard.  Why would you get something you can have at home when you're in a completely different place?  That's the perfect opportunity to broaden your horizons and experience a city's way of life.  One of the best ways to do that is through its dining.

Is that directed at me, Fezzy?  The places I'm suggesting, except for Five Guys and Ruth's Chris, are not chains; and Ruth's Chris is the single best place to eat in the entire United States.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 09:53:29 PM »

Is that directed at me, Fezzy?  The places I'm suggesting, except for Five Guys and Ruth's Chris, are not chains; and Ruth's Chris is the single best place to eat in the entire United States.

If you didn't suggest chains, then obviously not. Tongue
East Coast Republican

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »

I drive through Richmond on my way to NY.

I recommend McDonalds.  There are many at numerous exits off I-95.  Their dollar meal is spectacular and it's a fine place to relax and dine.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 10:18:12 PM »

I echo Fezzy. Why go to Five Guys or Ruth's Chris when you can probably go there in your hometown? Five Guys is pretty good, but they are everywhere.

I will say that Shake Shack beats Five Guys by a mile though. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 10:19:11 PM »

False. The Post House in NYC has better steak. I'd even argue that Oak Steakhouse here in Charleston beats it with some of their dishes.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 12:34:18 AM »

I'll assume you've never been to In-N-Out.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 12:37:34 AM »

May I suggest Yelping it? Smiley

Great body of reviewers, and I find that it's more useful than anything else on the 'Net.  You can also customize it based on the address of your hotel.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies