Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 02:45:11 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs?
| | |-+  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | | |-+  You are Franklin Delano Roosevelt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You are Franklin Delano Roosevelt  (Read 1644 times)
Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2009, 08:32:06 pm »
Ignore

Ok, the same topic but I guess little harder Wink

You are President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1944. You just was preassured by party leadership to drop Henry Wallace from the ticket, yet you couldn't stomach Truman either. You have to chose your new running-mate

Don't mind he'll be your successor. You don't know you'll die soon Wink

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:32:55 pm »
Ignore

William O. Douglas

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:34:45 pm »
Ignore

Senator J. Lister Hill of Alabama.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 08:36:28 pm »
Ignore

Senator J. Lister Hill of Alabama.

Great choice, congratulations Ben Smiley Hill, a popular and progressive Democrat from conservative Alabama. Acceatable for Southerners and progressives alike

HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:46:12 pm »
Ignore

William O. Douglas

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
Cassius Dio
Mel
Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 11:12:58 pm »
Ignore

Bill Douglas
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 11:45:34 pm »
Ignore

War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
YaBB God
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 12:21:21 am »
Ignore

Henry Wallace.
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:20:28 am »
Ignore

Henry Wallace.

He's already dropped

No Truman or Wallace

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 06:34:37 am »
Ignore

Difficult. Certainly a progressive democrat. Hill could therefore be a good choice, as Kalwejt said.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 07:05:44 am »
Ignore

I would consider Robert La Follette, Jr. Well, he was not a Democrat, but FDR himself said, he'd accept him as a succesor.

But seriously I'd like to ask Wendell Willkie (nobody suspected he'd die in 1944). Roosevelt, according to some sources, intended to brigh Liberal Republicans to Democratic Party and let conservative Dems go to Republicans and created system where there would be two parties: liberal and conservative.

Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 07:10:46 am »
Ignore

I would consider Robert La Follette, Jr. Well, he was not a Democrat, but FDR himself said, he'd accept him as a succesor.

But seriously I'd like to ask Wendell Willkie (nobody suspected he'd die in 1944). Roosevelt, according to some sources, intended to brigh Liberal Republicans to Democratic Party and let conservative Dems go to Republicans and created system where there would be two parties: liberal and conservative.

To me Robert La Follette Jr. always seemed like the natural choice.

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
hcallega
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 07:21:06 am »
Ignore

Rob Kerr

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America."-President William Jefferson Clinton
"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America there is the United States of America."-Senator Barack Obama
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 07:25:33 am »
Ignore

Roosevelt, according to some sources, intended to brigh Liberal Republicans to Democratic Party and let conservative Dems go to Republicans and created system where there would be two parties: liberal and conservative.

If only he had succeeded, we would have been free of Dixiecrats and have passed Civil Rights sooner...

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 08:53:45 am »
Ignore

Roosevelt, according to some sources, intended to brigh Liberal Republicans to Democratic Party and let conservative Dems go to Republicans and created system where there would be two parties: liberal and conservative.

If only he had succeeded, we would have been free of Dixiecrats and have passed Civil Rights sooner...

Thanks to Thurmond in 1948 Democrats realized they don't need Solid South to win

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:14 am »
Ignore

Thanks to Thurmond in 1948 Democrats realized they don't need Solid South to win

Yeah, but Wallace got his revenge 20 years later...

It really is.

Cassius Dio
Mel
Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 05:14:59 pm »
Ignore

At least one good thing about him.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 10:11:19 pm »
Ignore

Douglas refused.

Alben Barkley; how's that for inoffensive?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 05:47:39 pm »
Ignore

Alben Barkley; how's that for inoffensive?

Another great option.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout