Going to a Town Hall tonight!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:07:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Going to a Town Hall tonight!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Going to a Town Hall tonight!!  (Read 4224 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2009, 09:55:06 AM »

My Congressman is Steny Hoyer, I wish I could find a town hall so I could shout down the douchebags acting like idiots.  I'll be registered in Kratovil's district in a week though.  Salisbury University for college.  I'll probably work on his reelection campaign.

You have an awful Congressman, in terms of policy and effectiveness in trying to actually pass the terrible policy while having huge majorities. Please vote him out.

No actually he has done great things for his district and is an all aroud great congressman.  He isn't leaving until either retirement or death. haha
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2009, 09:59:34 AM »

I wish I lived in Orleans only so I could attack Royal Galipeau's meetings, if he does any of that. Or better, in Glengarry-Prescott-Russell so I could mock Pierre Lemieux's English accent in French. Or Renfrew-Nippissing-Pembroke to attack that batsh**t insane MP those loons elected.

Sadly, we have a relatively decent, moderate and intelligent Liberal MP. Sad

But obese!

And he looks like Chris Christie.

But better than the alternatives: a random Haitian guy who cries out TAXES TAXES CRIME CRIME (Tory), a Francophone who barely speaks French (NDP) or a CarletonU Prof who has a 0 rating on RateMyProf (Green).
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2009, 11:21:06 PM »

Ok. so I went to the town hall tonight. It was jackie Speiers. And there was no one who was rude. It was actually quite fun and pleasant.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2009, 08:03:23 AM »

Ok. so I went to the town hall tonight. It was jackie Speiers. And there was no one who was rude. It was actually quite fun and pleasant.

You mean this pic wasn't you then?

Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2009, 11:56:02 AM »

You mean this pic wasn't you then?

damn. i didn't know it got out. Tongue

People there were very pleasant. They were all taking their turns. and there were no crazies.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 11:41:04 PM »

My mother went to a town hall meeting given by Rep. Frank Pallone (D-NJ), last night.  Health care is my mother's pet issue and she's been clamoring for reform for years.   Turnout was so high that they separated it into two meetings, so she and a couple of her friends had to wait outside until the first meeting was done.  However, it turned out that it was all a waste of time because she didn't learn anything about the health care plan(s) currently being debated and, for the majority of the meeting, she couldn't even hear what was being said. 

Some play-by-play:

• The meeting started with a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.  When the line "one nation, under God" came, the crazies shouted "under GOD" extremely loud.
  • One questioner asked Rep. Pallone what is views on abortion were.  When he responded that he was pro-choice, someone shouted "Your mother should've aborted you!"
  • During periods of Rep. Pallone's responses, the crazies would sing God Bless America
  • After the meeting, one of my mother's friends (a crazy), stated "That meeting made me so proud to be an American."  To which my mother responded, "That meeting was an embarassment."  This provided for a relatively uncomfortable ride home.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies