why did phil leave?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:45:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  why did phil leave?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: why did phil leave?  (Read 5175 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2009, 03:04:42 AM »

I'm sure he's reading this thread and rubbing himself off because has a whole four page thread about him. Tongue
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2009, 04:48:53 AM »

Joking aside, he told me that he felt disgusted with the treatment of BushOklahoma by the other members of the forum.

Now, you know that we weren't exactly the greatest of friends. But to compare him with trolls like JewishConservative is unfair.
And nobody can deny that he was one of the most colorful members of this community.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2009, 05:40:15 AM »

not a bad reason to leave, I assumed he was working on the PA Senate campaign or something and they asked him not to post on political forums
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27:18 AM »

Fine by me, I really couldn't get along with the guy. I also found it annoying how so many people felt the need to kiss his ass just because.

Exactly.  I'm happy he's gone.  You know why he's gone?  Because he CANNOT TAKE CRITICISM.  I take credit for running him off the forum.  It seemed like I was the only one that challeneged his BS.

What's the name on your original account?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2009, 09:14:04 AM »

Apparently yesterday he met the most interesting, charasmatic politician ever.  His friends then proceeded to bust his ass about it being Hillary Clinton among others.  He has been posting FB updates rather regularly so obviously he's just on forum break
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2009, 09:32:52 AM »

Fine by me, I really couldn't get along with the guy. I also found it annoying how so many people felt the need to kiss his ass just because.

Exactly.  I'm happy he's gone.  You know why he's gone?  Because he CANNOT TAKE CRITICISM.  I take credit for running him off the forum.  It seemed like I was the only one that challeneged his BS.

Yes, I'm sure he cares so much about you. I'm sure he left in tears following your arrival.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2009, 02:21:37 PM »

Joking aside, he told me that he felt disgusted with the treatment of BushOklahoma by the other members of the forum.

Yet BushOk puts up and Update 2 thread, so obviously HE wasn't disgusted by it......That's a pretty whiny reason to leave......I'm not buying it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »

I'm upset to discover he left... Well, he wasn't really close to me politically speaking, but he's a good guy and has always been very friendly with me.

Sad
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2009, 11:49:01 PM »

I'm upset to discover he left... Well, he wasn't really close to me politically speaking, but he's a good guy and has always been very friendly with me.

Sad

He'll be back, don't worry.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2009, 11:52:17 PM »

I'd be more willing to believe he's working on the Toomey campaign and was told he could not post on political forums. Somehow I doubt he left because of the treatment of BushOK in his update thread. If that is why, then wow.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »

Sad

He'll be back, don't worry.

Glad to hear that. Smiley
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:56 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2009, 10:19:50 AM by brittain33 »

No one has stated the correct answer yet. </sam spade>

Phil's posts here were being tracked by other local Republicans. He likely left to prevent his participation here from having negative consequences in his "real life," especially if he's signing on with Toomey. In which case he won't be back unless he gives up goals of having a political career or he can disguise himself so effectively that people won't recognize him which is probably impossible.

It's also possible he left because the forum was causing him too much stress than it was worth to him.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2009, 03:08:30 PM »

No one has stated the correct answer yet. </sam spade>

Phil's posts here were being tracked by other local Republicans. He likely left to prevent his participation here from having negative consequences in his "real life," especially if he's signing on with Toomey. In which case he won't be back unless he gives up goals of having a political career or he can disguise himself so effectively that people won't recognize him which is probably impossible.

It's also possible he left because the forum was causing him too much stress than it was worth to him.

this is what is wrong with politics.   'tracked by local republicans...'   ha!

glad im an indy.  glad i have no political 'goals'
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2009, 03:20:03 PM »

Actually, he told me that the BushOK thing was the tipping point that made him leave.

Whether BushOK himself took much offense to it or not is not really relevant either. He felt that people being so cruel to one of the nicest posters who had certain issues to cope with was a type of behaviour he didn't want to be around anymore.

Those are his words, not mine and it is up to you if you want to believe it.

But I was told the same story that others seem to have heard.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2009, 03:33:24 PM »

I find it amazing that a guy who constantly threw out extremely rude ad hominem attacks could be so offended by a mostly lighthearted ribbing of bushoklahoma.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2009, 03:35:57 PM »

I find it amazing that a guy who constantly threw out extremely rude ad hominem attacks could be so offended by a mostly lighthearted ribbing of bushoklahoma.

^^^^^^^^^
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »

^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He can be rough, but I wouldn't want him to leave.  He is definitely my closest political rival and his insight would be missed.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »

Tweed seems to have left, too.  The combination of his and Phil's absences makes this place much more tolerable.  The two had an irritating sense of entitlement that put them at odds with just about everyone.  Only neither had any interest in actually discussing policy.

I've spoken to Tweed and he is taking a break, he says probably until 2010 when the forum has something substantive to discuss again. Makes sense, as people here seem lost without an election to follow.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »

Tweed seems to have left, too.  The combination of his and Phil's absences makes this place much more tolerable.  The two had an irritating sense of entitlement that put them at odds with just about everyone.  Only neither had any interest in actually discussing policy.
What? Tweed seems very easy to get along with. He doesn't get pissy and isn't sensitive like Phil is.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »

Well I had noticed the updates on the 2010 PA Senate thread had died down and he was keeping my PA Governor's Thread alive and it two had died off some. Still I hadn't realised he had left or when.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »

Well I had noticed the updates on the 2010 PA Senate thread had died down and he was keeping my PA Governor's Thread alive and it two had died off some. Still I hadn't realised he had left or when.

You know I'll be there again!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2009, 05:56:01 PM »

^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He can be rough, but I wouldn't want him to leave.  He is definitely my closest political rival and his insight would be missed.

Flyers, if he's willing to leave for the reason others have said he left, then while I'll miss him too on occasion, because we have been friendly, I 'm not going to feel bad for a minute. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies