Bush the Unifier? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:23:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Bush the Unifier? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush the Unifier?  (Read 1732 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 17, 2009, 11:57:52 PM »

What if Bush had managed to create a coalition after 2001, and kept Republicans and Democrats united in the face of adversety. He doesn't turn The "War on Terror" into a campaign talking point.  He decides not to invade Iraq, and captures Osama Bin Laden in 2004. He wins re-election in 2004, and appoints a few Democrats into his administration. How does this effect his legacy?

(You continue on with Ideas from here, his successor president, his post-presidency, yada-yada)   
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:17:05 AM »

In other words, what if Bush were not Bush?

Basically, yes. What if everything had gone... well... right? Like he made some different choices, and acted as a "compassionate conservative?"
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »

In other words, what if Bush were not Bush?

Basically, yes. What if everything had gone... well... right? Like he made some different choices, and acted as a "compassionate conservative?"

Those were obvious lies to get elected.

Perhaps, but what if he made good on it?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:19:57 PM »

That's what I wanted to hear, beet. Ever since I was four, I was fascinated by politics. In 2000, I watched closely, always asking my family on the race. And in 2000, we supported McCain in the primaries, but quickly became Bush fans. I remember I was so happy when Bush finally won. We even have a refrigerator magnet of him. I eagerly supported my hero, Geroge W. Bush. THat was until I fell out of intrest in politcs. I only recently (2007) became intrested in it again, and by then, Bush was a lost cause and I didn't approve of him anymore.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies