why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:26:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: why are people bringing assault rifles to obama health care rallies?  (Read 3753 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: August 19, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »

Jesus fucking christ people are stupid. Do you really think these people were carrying around exposed and loaded AR-15's just for protection? I know people who carry guns for protection and they are always concealed, small pistols. Those are for self-defense. When the fuck would you need to use AR-15's ever, unless you were being targeted by a drug cartel?

I'm not for gun control in any way either, I just find the far-right's mentality here to be bordering on insanity. There is something wrong with people carrying exposed powerful semi-automatic weapons at political rallies. Sure they might have the right to do so but just because you have the right to shove a dildo up your asshole doesn't mean it is a wise or noble idea. The same applies for bringing exposed and loaded weapons to political rallies.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »

Usually Presidents (or other persons) get assassinated by people who hide their guns, not those who carry them out in the open.

Just something to think about.
Obviously but it doesn't make these people any less disturbing.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »

Jesus fucking christ people are stupid. Do you really think these people were carrying around exposed and loaded AR-15's just for protection? I know people who carry guns for protection and they are always concealed, small pistols. Those are for self-defense. When the fuck would you need to use AR-15's ever, unless you were being targeted by a drug cartel?

I'm not for gun control in any way either, I just find the far-right's mentality here to be bordering on insanity. There is something wrong with people carrying exposed powerful semi-automatic weapons at political rallies. Sure they might have the right to do so but just because you have the right to shove a dildo up your asshole doesn't mean it is a wise or noble idea. The same applies for bringing exposed and loaded weapons to political rallies.

I agree.
I just disagree with people who say everybody who owns a gun has an intent to kill.
Of course, I do too. Maybe kill to protect themselves, but not to kill innocent bystanders.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »

If a thousand people bring guns to these things over the next weeks and months and nobody gets shot and nobody dies, will you guys change your minds about anything?  Not that I'd expect the nutty gun control fundies to ever change their mind about anything, but a few of you on the left actually know how to change your mind.

(and I should mention again that I don't own a gun and have never owned a gun.  No/little need.)
No, it would still be a stupid move and would be a form of intimidation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies