Best Place in the world?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:10:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Best Place in the world?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Best Place in the world?  (Read 8373 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 08:06:38 AM »

Yes and both look boring.  Not to mention my feet hurt just looking at that - imagine the hiking.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »

I forgot to mention the Orange Bowl. Before they tore it down to make room for the Marlins' fail emporium.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2009, 11:12:33 AM »

I've never been, but by most accounts San Diego is an amazing place to live.  I'm sure there are places with just as good of weather and are more beautiful to look at, but none of them come with the convince of living near a major North American city.  Being so close to Tijuana and El Lay would be both huge pluses and huge minuses..so I can't let that sway me away.  I'm sure the people are annoying, but people are annoying everywhere.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2009, 11:37:37 AM »

This is actually located in a mountain, though.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 01:07:16 PM »

I forgot to mention the Orange Bowl. Before they tore it down to make room for the Marlins' fail emporium.

What's with the royal blue seats?  It's equally as frustrating as the green seats in Citi Field.  Unless the Marlins are planning a color change.

Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »

What's with the royal blue seats?  It's equally as frustrating as the green seats in Citi Field.  Unless the Marlins are planning a color change.

We have orange and teal seats at the moment. Total eyesores, but I can't explain the navy blue seats. Maybe it isn't set in stone.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2009, 01:14:06 PM »

East Timor.  Or Somaliland.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2009, 10:21:01 PM »

How are things in Staten Italy?  Haven't been there in a while.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »

I haven't been there since October 2008, So IDk.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2009, 11:08:48 PM »

I'm begining to feel the greatest town to live in the world is Alpine, NJ
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2009, 11:10:42 PM »

Nothing like the Colorado Rocky Mountains, though Flagstaff isn't too shabby.

Though as far as cities go, Denver or New York City.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »

Boooooooring.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2009, 11:29:58 PM »

Boooooooring.
The town itself isn't amazing, but its uber-rich and has no crime.  Coupled that within basically being walking distance from Manhattan and an hour ride from the Jersey shore.  You basically can doing anything within an hour
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:04 PM »

Walking distance to Manhattan?  It's across the Hudson from Yonkers and it takes about an hour to get to Midtown from there.  No crime occurs there because nothing occurs there and no one lives there.  I don't know where you go down the shore, South Amboy maybe?  Because that's about how far you can get in an hour if you're lucky.

There are plenty of rich people in much more interesting and convenient locations than Alpine with just as little crime.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 12:08:09 AM »

Walking distance to Manhattan?  It's across the Hudson from Yonkers and it takes about an hour to get to Midtown from there.  No crime occurs there because nothing occurs there and no one lives there.  I don't know where you go down the shore, South Amboy maybe?  Because that's about how far you can get in an hour if you're lucky.

There are plenty of rich people in much more interesting and convenient locations than Alpine with just as little crime.
Like where Allendale?  That's about the only thing I can think of that's better.  If we are going by living standards, I don't think the immediate vicinity is what counts, but rather what you are in very close proximity too.  Obviously Rutherford is more exciting than Alpine, but its not a nicer town
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »

I suggest venturing outside of Bergen County for starters.  There are plenty of better places outside that sardine box.  Southern Morris, Northern Somerset, and Western Union (ha) all have much more to offer in what you are looking for.  Take Summit for instance.  45 minutes from both the shore and the city, very safe, very wealthy, and MUCH more to do.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »

Its funny that virtually every other place entered above is hardly any different from every other place.  Except for mine.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »

I suggest venturing outside of Bergen County for starters.  There are plenty of better places outside that sardine box.  Southern Morris, Northern Somerset, and Western Union (ha) all have much more to offer in what you are looking for.  Take Summit for instance.  45 minutes from both the shore and the city, very safe, very wealthy, and MUCH more to do.
Summit definitely does not have more to do in places in Bergen county, I can get to almost anything in about 10 minutes
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »

Summit definitely does not have more to do in places in Bergen county, I can get to almost anything in about 10 minutes

Ok, and so can about a million other people in that county and millions more in every other North Jersey County.  You also listed a lot of other things to consider besides just convenience, which most of North Jersey has.  Hell, I can get to anything I want in 10 minutes and I live way out here.  And remember, we're comparing these places to Alpine, not anywhere in Bergen County.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »

Ok, and so can about a million other people in that county and millions more in every other North Jersey County.  You also listed a lot of other things to consider besides just convenience, which most of North Jersey has.  Hell, I can get to anything I want in 10 minutes and I live way out here.  And remember, we're comparing these places to Alpine, not anywhere in Bergen County.
Well I always considered Alpine to be Bergen's nicest town, Allendale is close as is Franklin Lakes, but Alpine just seems that much better.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

Same sh**t, different toilet.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies