Energy and Oil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:18:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Energy and Oil
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Energy and Oil  (Read 474 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »

How can we encourage energy conservation and renewable energy resources?

No Kyoto Protocol Treaty.
Expand nuclear energy in a safe and practical way.
Don't allow companies to be taxed out of cap and trade, but require them to participate.
Include greenhouse gases in mercury clean up.
Allow for renewable energy tax credits for individuals.
Allow for tax incentives for energy conservation and renewable electricity with PAYGO offsets.
Address CO2 emissions regardless of India or China.
Protect tax payers from a national energy tax because it only hurts working families.
Subsidize electricity for families who get behind, but not completely.
Set goal for 25% renewable energy by 2025.
Fund $5,000,000,000 more towards alternative energy.
No arctic drilling.
Designate sensitive ANWR areas as protected wilderness.
Implement Keystone Pipeline to create jobs.
Tap into Marcellus Shale.
Invest in homegrown biofuel.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »

No Kyoto Protocol Treaty. Unsure.
Expand nuclear energy in a safe and practical way. Absolutely. 110%. Behind. This. (Nationalize it)
Don't allow companies to be taxed out of cap and trade, but require them to participate. No cap and trade, nationalize the energy sector and heavily expand nuclear power usage.
Include greenhouse gases in mercury clean up. Sure.
Allow for renewable energy tax credits for individuals. Sure.
Allow for tax incentives for energy conservation and renewable electricity with PAYGO offsets. Sure.
Address CO2 emissions regardless of India or China. Yes.
Protect tax payers from a national energy tax because it only hurts working families. Agreed, nationalize the energy sector and pay everyone a social dividend out of it.
Subsidize electricity for families who get behind, but not completely. End all charges for electricity consumption.
Set goal for 25% renewable energy by 2025. Why so low? Set it at 50 or 75%.
Fund $5,000,000,000 more towards alternative energy. Just nationalize the energy sector.
No arctic drilling. Depends on the area in question.
Designate sensitive ANWR areas as protected wilderness. Absolutely.
Implement Keystone Pipeline to create jobs. Sure.
Tap into Marcellus Shale. Sure.
Invest in homegrown biofuel. No, biofuel is a waste of money that could endanger the food supply.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 09:49:54 PM »

What does this mean practically?  This strikes me as a very bad idea.  But, even if were a good idea, would it ever be possible from a practical standpoint?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:54:28 PM »

What does this mean practically?  This strikes me as a very bad idea.  But, even if were a good idea, would it ever be possible from a practical standpoint?

It means that the United States government should own and operate all means of energy extraction and production. I.E. a national company that drills for oil, natural gas, mines coal, uranium, etc. brings it to market, sells it or provides it free of charge in some instances, etc. Basically the whole of the energy sector should not be for profit because every natural resource is the full property of the people of the United States, and cannot thus be owned by any one individual.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

It means that the United States government should own and operate all means of energy extraction and production. I.E. a national company that drills for oil, natural gas, mines coal, uranium, etc. brings it to market, sells it or provides it free of charge in some instances, etc. Basically the whole of the energy sector should not be for profit because every natural resource is the full property of the people of the United States, and cannot thus be owned by any one individual.

What about the 5th amendment?  As long as that's on the books, it would be pretty damn expensive, right? 
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »

I don't know. What about your property? Is it the government's to take away and give to other people?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=178357.msg3850097#msg3850097
I made a rare long post in another thread and I'll link it to here because it's relevant.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »

What you say is profound, but with so many different backgrounds coming together, it could be the start of WWIII.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies