Republicans, here's a question
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:57:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Republicans, here's a question
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Which potential nominee(s) would make you vote for Obama?
Mitt Romney

Mike Huckabee

Sarah Palin

Rudy Giuliani

Newt Gingrich

Rick Santorum

Tim Pawlenty

Gary Johnson

Ron Paul

Bobby Jindal

Eric Cantor

Jeb Bush

Haley Barbour

Mitch Daniels

Charlie Crist

Mike Pence

Other

I'll vote for the Republican no matter who it is

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Republicans, here's a question  (Read 6047 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:28 AM »

He's to Ron Paulish, right?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »

Newt Gingrich, Jeb Bush for obvious reasons, and Sarah Palin.  They didn't fulfill what they set out to do during their turn in office, but want to use the Presidency to fulfill that, and I don't think that is what the presidency is for.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 11:36:41 AM »

Newt Gingrich, Jeb Bush for obvious reasons, and Sarah Palin.  They didn't fulfill what they set out to do during their turn in office, but want to use the Presidency to fulfill that, and I don't think that is what the presidency is for.

Can you expound on that?  What did they "set out to do" in their last positions?
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 12:37:31 PM »

he's pro-drugs and totally anti-conservative
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 12:55:11 PM »

he's pro-drugs and totally anti-conservative
Gary Johnson is pro-drugs? First I've heard that, if I recall he neither smokes nor drinks. Perhaps you meant to say he is anti-police state?
rebeltarian
rebel_libertarian

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2009, 11:12:20 PM »

Being "pro-drugs" is actually a conservative position.  The War on Drugs and other sorts of prohibition have a long track record of failure and wasted money.  Conservatism is supposed to be logical, anti-corruption and economically efficient.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2009, 01:05:14 AM »

Being "pro-drugs" is actually a conservative position.  The War on Drugs and other sorts of prohibition have a long track record of failure and wasted money.  Conservatism is supposed to be logical, anti-corruption and economically efficient.
Yes that is correct.  Even William F. Buckley spoke of this.  Buckley actually once surmised that we could legalize drugs, tax them heavily and create drug stores where if people left the stores on a high then they could be placed in prison.  I think that was him at least.
SenatorShadowLands
Rookie
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »

Paul could at least be relied upon to be an economic conservative and I'd really have to hold my nose to vote for Mittens. Otherwise it doesn't matter to me.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009, 06:29:51 PM »

Paul could at least be relied upon to be an economic conservative and I'd really have to hold my nose to vote for Mittens. Otherwise it doesn't matter to me.

I have a question, How is it possible to get a +9.00 Fiscal score and maintain a social score over +5.00?

Just asking.
SenatorShadowLands
Rookie
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »

I have a question, How is it possible to get a +9.00 Fiscal score and maintain a social score over +5.00?

Just asking.

Beats me, that's how it came out on PM (which labeled me as a "reactionist" up in the top right hand corner of the matrix), I took a different survey that made my economics over 9 yet my social was 4.8 so that other survey would agree with you, PM seems to be in a different world from that survey however.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »

That doesn't make any sense. Whenever something is stupid, opposing it is conservative?
zclark1994
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -1.04

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »

This poll doesn't really carry any significance because it's like asking Clinton voters if obama's the nominee will you vote for McCain.  A majority said they would either not vote or vote for McCain, and then they voted for Obama.  The truth, the majority of republicans probably won't vote for Obama no matter who the nominee is.  That may not be true for moderate republicans or independents, but for the majority of the party, it's a fact.
rebeltarian
rebel_libertarian

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2009, 12:34:56 AM »

That doesn't make any sense. Whenever something is stupid, opposing it is conservative?

Whenever something is more idealistic than realistic, opposing it is conservative.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »

This poll doesn't really carry any significance because it's like asking Clinton voters if obama's the nominee will you vote for McCain.  A majority said they would either not vote or vote for McCain, and then they voted for Obama.  The truth, the majority of republicans probably won't vote for Obama no matter who the nominee is.  That may not be true for moderate republicans or independents, but for the majority of the party, it's a fact.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies