Free Republic is the lowest bunch of scumsuckers in existance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Free Republic is the lowest bunch of scumsuckers in existance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Free Republic is the lowest bunch of scumsuckers in existance  (Read 1447 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:49:58 AM »

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2324629/posts

Fuck these disgusting sacks of shit.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 12:53:06 AM »

Horrible People.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:57:44 AM »

I'm sure they're far more gracious about Ted Kennedy's death than your DU buddies were after Ronald Reagan died.  If they're not, the moderators will delete questionable comments.

The fact is that Ted Kennedy was a polarizing figure.  Many on the right never forgave him for leaving Mary Jo Kopechne underwater in a car to die. 

May his family find peace at this time.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:12 AM »

This whole thread is stupid and shouldn't exist at this time.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:41 AM »

Yes, but they do this whenever someone whose politics they disagree with dies. Remember, they were celebrating the murder of that Kansas abortion doctor a few months ago. This isn't surprising.
Stampever
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 07:15:45 AM »

DU, DailyKos, et al are in the same category as Free Republic.  In tight group-think forums as that, people feel more free to express their extreme views, even if it is something they wouldn't do in a typical social environment.

I think this thread is as senseless as the thread being cited.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:34:06 AM »

DU, DailyKos, et al are in the same category as Free Republic.  In tight group-think forums as that, people feel more free to express their extreme views, even if it is something they wouldn't do in a typical social environment.

I think this thread is as senseless as the thread being cited.

DU, maybe. Daily Kos polices itself against extreme behavior and conspiracy theories.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:02:58 AM »

play them off, keyboard cat
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 08:25:54 AM »

What did you expect from the Freepers.........?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »

Let's skip the part where we're surprised, shall we?  We are fully aware that there are trashy Republicans just like there are trashy Democrats.  The best way to approach it is to ignore it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 10:01:40 AM »

Fezzy, please don't ruin BRTD's fun.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »

A trip down memory lane...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=57220.0
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 10:25:21 AM »

Jerry Falwell is no Ted Kennedy.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 10:55:36 AM »

I'm sure they're far more gracious about Ted Kennedy's death than your DU buddies were after Ronald Reagan died.  If they're not, the moderators will delete questionable comments.

The fact is that Ted Kennedy was a polarizing figure.  Many on the right never forgave him for leaving Mary Jo Kopechne underwater in a car to die. 

I could not have said it better.  Kennedy might not have murdered Mary but what do you call it when some one cowardly leaves a person to die because he is trying to cover up his own drunkness or maybe an affair?  If not murder then man slaughter?  Why didn't teddy go to prison hmmmmm?

And didn't he get kicked out of Harvard (back when it still hand standerds) for cheating?

This on top of him being a leader in the "right" to murder tens of millions of defenceless helpless babies makes him human filth almost as bad as a hitler or stalin.

I hope he burns.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »

I could not have said it better.  Kennedy might not have murdered Mary but what do you call it when some one cowardly leaves a person to die because he is trying to cover up his own drunkness or maybe an affair?  If not murder then man slaughter?  Why didn't teddy go to prison hmmmmm?

And didn't he get kicked out of Harvard (back when it still hand standerds) for cheating?

This on top of him being a leader in the "right" to murder tens of millions of defenceless helpless babies makes him human filth almost as bad as a hitler or stalin.

I hope he burns.

New Republican talking points, I see.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:59 AM »

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »

He was a polarizing public figure who was loved by some and despised by others - just like Ted Kennedy.   Those who despised him for his political views danced on his grave, just as those who dislike Kennedy are doing.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »

You are very right, Jerry Falwell never took an innocent human life
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 01:08:31 PM »

He was a polarizing public figure who was loved by some and despised by others - just like Ted Kennedy. 

Cinyc, you're better than this. Falwell at his peak was never in the same league as Kennedy, Reagan, the Pope, or any number of people who were also polarizing but also widely supported public figures with a national or international stature, very long careers of public service, and with a number of positive accomplishments. We must be able to draw a distinction there if there is to be any middle ground. 
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 01:25:46 PM »

Cinyc, you're better than this. Falwell at his peak was never in the same league as Kennedy, Reagan, the Pope, or any number of people who were also polarizing but also widely supported public figures with a national or international stature, very long careers of public service, and with a number of positive accomplishments. We must be able to draw a distinction there if there is to be any middle ground. 

Why?  Because he was an unabashed social conservative, just as Kennedy was an unabashed social and economic liberal?  Falwell had a lot of support from the people he preached to - the moral majority.  He built a church, two universities and the evangelical political movement.  And he had a national stature, seen on TVs nationwide.   

I just don't get why some liberals here are so shocked that some conservatives viewed Ted Kennedy just as they viewed Jerry Falwell or Jesse Helms.  Perhaps the fact that the media tends to demonize vocal conservatives and laud liberals like Kennedy has blinded liberals to the fact that not everyone likes their leaders.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2009, 01:36:55 PM by brittain33 »

Because Kennedy was a senator for 40+ years who was a leader of the institution, ran for President, and led many legislative efforts that shaped our country and our economy. This is what I meant about being a public figure. You can describe Falwell however you like, but in no way did he have the accomplishments that Kennedy did. He has much more in common with someone like Al Sharpton than with a longtime political leader.

I have been giving thoughts to the Jesse Helms comparison, because if nothing else, he was a U.S. Senator with a big following and a national leader of a certain flavor of conservatism, much like John Stennis, who got an aircraft carrier named for him. I don't appear to have posted anything to the Helms is dead thread here, but here's what I posted at Daily Kos. If nothing else, this shows the difference between Jesse Helms and Ted Kennedy, and why the latter has gotten a modicum more respect on his death from his political opponents. I think you will see that, in life, Helms set a certain standard for respect to his political opponents while Kennedy held to a higher one.

http://www.dailykos.com/comments/2008/7/4/105059/5366/67#c67
Stampever
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 01:53:28 PM »

Enter the double-standard.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »

I have been giving thoughts to the Jesse Helms comparison, because if nothing else, he was a U.S. Senator with a big following and a national leader of a certain flavor of conservatism, much like John Stennis, who got an aircraft carrier named for him. I don't appear to have posted anything to the Helms is dead thread here, but here's what I posted at Daily Kos. If nothing else, this shows the difference between Jesse Helms and Ted Kennedy, and why the latter has gotten a modicum more respect on his death from his political opponents. I think you will see that, in life, Helms set a certain standard for respect to his political opponents while Kennedy held to a higher one.

Ted Kennedy has gotten more respect from the media than Jesse Helms because 1) his last name is Kennedy, 2) he's a liberal, like most of them, and 3) his last name is Kennedy.   By the way, did I mention his last name is Kennedy?

Just because one doesn't like Helms' (or any other politican's or public figure's) political positions doesn't make it any more right or wrong to denigrate him at his death than when someone on the other side of the aisle doing the same thing to someone they do not like.  Partisans on both sides of the aisle do that when polarizing public figures die.  It's just the way things are.  To feign outrage when one has done the same thing to politicians they don't like (as many liberal posters here seem to have done) or try to rationalize it because our guy was good and important while your guy was a bad bit player is hypocritical.

As for Kennedy, I'll repeat what I said earlier.  I hope his family finds peace in this difficult time, especially after losing 2 members within a few weeks.   RIP.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 04:12:59 PM »

Just because one doesn't like Helms' (or any other politican's or public figure's) political positions

For what it's worth, plenty of people with identical political positions or even more conservative ones don't engender the same response. Thad Cochran, for one. I don't think even you would argue that the librul media would rip Thad Cochran to shreds when he dies. Strom Thurmond's passing was also very different from Helms because, while he never repudiated his past in words, he did so in deeds by integrating his staff and treating people who disagreed with him with respect.

You can keep framing this how you like, but there is a reason that Helms distinguished himself from Thurmond, Cochran, and any number of other conservative southern senators, even if you choose not to acknowledge it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies