Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 07:10:30 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Suggestions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 1829 times)
zachman
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2004, 09:22:17 pm »
Ignore

This is a post to report errors and make suggestions that hopefully Dave will read.

Here are my initial thoughts:
Fix the home state feature on the 1896 election. Georgia is shaded red in addition to Maine and Nebraska, despite the fact that no one on the ticket was from Georgia.

Set up a difference measure and a county feature for the primaries. The diference would show how far behind (or ahead) a candidate was from the eventual nominee. It would be great to have a tab on the left for each major candidate with the states after they dropped out in gray.

It would be great to set up a feature that shows how the two major candidates in the 1992 and 2000 elections would fare if Perot or Nader supporter's had flocked to the other candidates at the national rate. Show which states would have a plurality for a party.

I'm a proud NH Primary voter for 2008.

Harry Reid 08'

"As some warn victory, some downfall
Private reasons great or small
Can be seen in the eyes of those that call
To make all that should be killed to crawl
While others say don't hate nothing at all
Except hatred."
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 10:19:09 pm »

Thanks - I always like suggestions.  
As to your points: - the home state in 1896 is a bit more complicated since there were two vice presidential candidates that received popular and electoral votes - actually, the data description, and not the map, that is incorrect.  The table does not mention Thomas Watson - who was from Georgia.

BTW, I'm encouraging suggestions and bugs be entered in my tracking database at: http://www.uselectionatlas.org/BOTTOM/bugs.php (you can get there through the "Site Info" link on the nav bar).  Suggestions would be submitted as a bug of type "feature request" Smiley

I'm not sure I get all of your second paragraph.  I have though about a bar graph showing the delegates each candidate has received relative to the amount needed to win the nomination.  Don't know what you mean by "County Feature"

I doubt that I would add the third suggestion - since there is a lot of speculation in how third party votes split if that candidate had not been in the race - I prefer to stick to facts and allow the users to manipulate them in whatever manner they see fit.
Harry
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 10:28:46 pm »
Ignore

I think he means be able to click on the counties in the primary maps like we can on the general maps.
zachman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 03:04:32 pm »
Ignore

I think he means be able to click on the counties in the primary maps like we can on the general maps.

Thats what I meant. My favorite feature would to have states after the candidate dropped out in gray. Can you put that in code?

I'm a proud NH Primary voter for 2008.

Harry Reid 08'

"As some warn victory, some downfall
Private reasons great or small
Can be seen in the eyes of those that call
To make all that should be killed to crawl
While others say don't hate nothing at all
Except hatred."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length