French Regionals 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:27:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Regionals 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Regionals 2010  (Read 113139 times)
PGSable
Rookie
« on: August 31, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »

The big question at the moment is whether Frêche will receive PS support to run for re-election in Languedoc-Roussillon (he was expelled from the party after he made racist comments). It will also be interesting to see if the left can unite behind a single candidate (probably from the PRG) in Corsica to avoid a repeat of 2004 (though, of course, the PS should be focusing on defending its own regions).
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since this is Corse we're talking about, keep dreaming!

However, if Giacobbi gets a spot in cabinet, this could change.

Oh, I agree that it's very unlikely. I would say it would be even more unlikely if Giacobbi made it into the government, because he seems like he would be the natural candidate of a united left otherwise.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »

Also, there's some talk of Bachelot dropping out in PdL®. The young President of the Maine-et-Loire General Council and newly-elected MEP Christophe Béchu is floated as a replacement if she does drop out.

Bachelot has openly criticized Sarkozy's policy of having ministers run in elections and resign from government if elected, and said that she felt perfectly capable of serving simultaneously as health minister and president of Pays de la Loire. Béchu, of course, would be a much stronger candidate.

It seems that the NC is determined to run independently in the first round. The current NC list leader in Pays de la Loire is Michel Hunault, member of the National Assembly for northern Loire-Atlantique. However, Morin is courting Jean Arthuis, the president of Mayenne and founder of the new Alliance centriste. Arthuis led the UDF list in 2004.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »

The PS held primary elections yesterday. Turnout according to the PS website was at 46%.

In Alsace, the top candidate will be Jacques Bigot, the president of the Strasbourg Urban Community.

In Corse, the top candidate will be Emmanuelle de Gentili, the deputy mayor of Bastia.

The voters nominated Jacques Meyer, a regional vice president and mayor of Reims, in Champagne-Ardenne, where the PS president Jean-Paul Bachy was expelled from the party.

Didier Codorniou won the primary in Languedoc-Roussillon. Codorniou hinted that he would let Georges Frêche, the incumbent president who was also ousted from the party, have the presidency.

Incumbent presidents Jean-Paul Huchon (Ile-de-France), Ségolène Royal (Poitou-Charentes), and Jean-Jack Queyranne (Rhône-Alpe) all defeated their opponents. All of the other PS presidents in the metropole ran unopposed. I couldn’t find any results for the four overseas regions.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:33:42 PM »

Bachelot has withdrawn her candidacy. The UMP will announce its new list leader on November 28, but the big name seems to be Béchu (again). With Bachelot out of the running, naturally, Auxiette's chances of winning re-election seem dim.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 11:22:42 AM »

Pays de la Loire: Jean-Philippe Magnen (EE) (Or Béchu. Anybody but that piece of sh**t Auxiette, who should get run over by a truck)

I expected you to endorse Jacky Flippot from the Parti breton.

Are you basing your endorsement on the issue of the airport in Notre-Dame-des-Landes? Personally, I will hold my nose and support Auxiette because, while I like the Greens, I think they're wrong in opposing the airport.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »

Pays de la Loire: Jean-Philippe Magnen (EE) (Or Béchu. Anybody but that piece of sh**t Auxiette, who should get run over by a truck)

I expected you to endorse Jacky Flippot from the Parti breton.

Are you basing your endorsement on the issue of the airport in Notre-Dame-des-Landes? Personally, I will hold my nose and support Auxiette because, while I like the Greens, I think they're wrong in opposing the airport.

I'm not sure on the status of the PB in Pays-de-la-Loire due to the new electoral system which prevents parties from running lists in only one department of the region. Is the PB seriously running a list in PDL, with candidates for seats in Mayenne, Sarthe, Maine-et-Loire and Vendee?

They submitted lists in each of the five departments, but they are campaigning in Loire-Atlantique only.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 12:02:36 PM »

Now that the polls are closed in most of the country, turnout is estimated at 47,5%.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »

Turnout at 17:00:
Languedoc-Roussillon: 40,77% (–13% on 2004)
Bretagne: –12% in Côtes-d’Armor
Aquitaine: 42% (–10%)
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »

Turnout in Ile-de-France is three out of ten so far (with the polls still open). Turnout is down 14% in Champagne-Ardenne, down 13% in Picardie, and down 12% in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. Corse is the only region with turnout over 50%.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »

How accurate are the exit polls? Roumégas is at 9,5%. Can he make it over 10%?
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 02:23:31 PM »

If Roumégas does qualify, there will be a four-way race, which means that it would be theoretically possible that no single list would get a majority in the regional council… (Not that I see it as very likely, but it's a possibility.)
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 02:30:07 PM »

If Roumégas does qualify, there will be a four-way race, which means that it would be theoretically possible that no single list would get a majority in the regional council… (Not that I see it as very likely, but it's a possibility.)

The 25%-of-seats bonus will give a majority rather easily, even in that case, imo.

Definitely. Frêche needs one third of the vote to get a majority (one third of 75% plus the 25% bonus), and he likely will get over one third, even in a four-way race.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 03:51:39 PM »

Vendée:
37,78% UMP
34,85% PS
10,60% EE
6,84% FN
4,93% MoDem
3,55% FG
1,44% LO
0,01% PB
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 11:36:57 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2010, 11:58:35 PM by PGSable »

The results of the American regions are mostly in.

In Guadeloupe, Victorin Lurel (PS) is re-elected with 56,80%. Blaise Aldo (Majority) has 14,00% and Eric Jalton (DVG) has 12,00%.

In Guyane, Rodolphe Alexandre (Majority) at 40,61% will face Christiane Taubira (PRG–Walwari) at 23,02%.

In Martinique, Serge Letchimy (PPM) leads incumbent president Alfred Marie-Jeanne (MIM), 40,20 % to 32,30%. André Lesueur (Majority), with 10,50%, also proceeds to the runoff.
PGSable
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 09:13:40 PM »

Just a little question to our Breton secessionist, why is the PB so strong in Loire-Atlantique from Notre-Dame-des-Landes to the boundary since it seems significantly weaker on the other side of the Brittany border ?

Note that Jacky Flippot, the PB list's first candidate in Pays de la Loire, is the former deputy mayor of Blain (which is the largest commune in the darkest shade in Loire-Atlantique, directly north of Notre-Dame-des-Landes).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies