Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races)  (Read 155409 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: December 12, 2009, 09:01:45 AM »

Congratulations! You should consider yourself insanely lucky. I think throwing a party is in order.

I'm laughing with you, not at you.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:54:54 AM »

It also has a disgusting street grid. Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 05:06:32 PM »

They are Americans. They are White. They are not flaming pinkos. They vote GOP less than 100.000% of the time. QED.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 06:32:10 AM »

Actually, I'm curious to know what the local party strength is like in the Utica district. It seems like it should be one that Republicans would do well in (Obama only won it 50-49), but the prior incumbent had little problem holding the seat over the past decade.

Edit: More registered Democrats than Republicans. Kind of odd for upstate New York.
Not that odd for an economic basket case area like Utica. 

I have to wonder if the R-C candidate can win AD 144.
71-21-8.
It was described as safe Democratic in some writeup I found... wonder what happened here in 2010? Huh Was the guy on the Conservative line actually a renegade Democrat?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 08:36:36 AM »

Actually, I'm curious to know what the local party strength is like in the Utica district. It seems like it should be one that Republicans would do well in (Obama only won it 50-49), but the prior incumbent had little problem holding the seat over the past decade.

Edit: More registered Democrats than Republicans. Kind of odd for upstate New York.
Not that odd for an economic basket case area like Utica. 

I have to wonder if the R-C candidate can win AD 144.
71-21-8.
It was described as safe Democratic in some writeup I found... wonder what happened here in 2010? Huh Was the guy on the Conservative line actually a renegade Democrat?

Carl Paladino was on the ballot in 2010.
And he had massive coattails in his little fief? Wow. The clown must be a god to Erie County.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 04:24:41 AM »

Yeah. 23rd was close at 54-46. Utica seat was 59-41. Hilarious Dem fight was hilarious, but the major parties candidate won (with under 50%) and the Black woman came third. That district is Bushwick. Other three races were the expected blowouts.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »

Thanks Linus!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »

It was confirmed today that the slew of specials we are going to have here in a number of State House districts will take place in the new districts.

I would've thought that would be illegal.
Certainly would be for federal elections and certainly ought to be for state elections...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 09:39:04 AM »

Tribal activist Susan Allen won the primary and her only opponent is Nathan Blumenshine, who is running under the "Respect" ticket and describes himself as an "independent progressive". His platform on his website is pretty much what you'd expect a liberal Democrat in this district to run on and even seems pretty respectful of Allen instead of attacking her.
Echoed:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

If the primary had been racially polarized, it couldn't possibly have been won by a Native American, no? Still, would be interesting to hear what the primary was like.
White Liberals having a problem with voting for non-White non-incumbents as long as there is a non-Republican alternative is nothing new in Minneapolis, of course.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 02:01:28 PM »

That's basically a lot closer than I expected.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 05:37:32 AM »

Wasn't this district one of the McCainiest in NY, beating out most R-held districts?
Yeah; not that that's actually surprising given how there are few sizable really heavily GOP parts in the state and how gerried the upstate is. I thought this seat a goner for the Dems without the incumbent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies