Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:53:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special state legislative elections thread (see OP for results/upcoming races)  (Read 155432 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 23, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »

Great comment, BRTD. "It doesn't look that way...unless I'm wrong (likely) or wrong (likely)."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »

We're going to have quite a few since a number of State Representatives have been elected to municipal government. I believe the breakdown is three from Philly (including my State Representative. That would be the only remotely competitive seat from the city), one from Montco, one from Lehigh and one from Allegheny.

We're left wondering if the specials will take place in the old or new districts and when each representative will resign. Since my district was eliminated, someone might only get to serve for seven months.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 12:22:37 AM »

It was confirmed today that the slew of specials we are going to have here in a number of State House districts will take place in the new districts. Since my district was eliminated, I won't have to vote. This would have been the only truly competitive special. The only other one that might be is one in the Lehigh Valley but the GOP will have the edge.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 01:11:26 PM »

It was confirmed today that the slew of specials we are going to have here in a number of State House districts will take place in the new districts.

I would've thought that would be illegal.

Apparently not.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »

All of our State House Specials will be on Primary day (April 24th). I believe there are six total (one in Pittsburgh, one in the Lehigh Valley, one in Montco and three in Philly). One is Likely GOP, three are Safe Dem, one is Likely Dem and the other (mine) is a toss up. The last one will be fun to watch. I have strong connections to that race. Wink  If you get bored with the Presidential primaries and the Altmire-Critz race, tune in.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 07:28:36 AM »

Might as well get this over with: Dems picked up my seat (169th), 54% - 46%. Disappointing for me on a personal level as well. They failed to nab the Lehigh Valley seat though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »

Might as well get this over with: Dems picked up my seat (169th), 54% - 46%. Disappointing for me on a personal level as well. They failed to nab the Lehigh Valley seat though.
How could this have occurred?  Was there a weak GOP candidate, high turnout for a key Democratic primary, a strong Democratic candidate?  Is this an indicator of trouble for the GOP statewide in November?

The Democrat was a top union official. They had a ton of money and an army. The GOP candidate wasn't weak. Believe me. Tongue

It's a swing district but I wouldn't say that this is troubling for the party statewide. The union the candidate was connected to made this their priority and their turnout machine was too big to overcome. That and the fact that they had a barrage of attacks/lies against the Republican nominee in the final days.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 07:50:08 AM »

Hmmm, this is only about a 52% Obama district. I'm surprised such a district exists in Philly since the McCain precincts are so spread out.

Like I said, it's a swing area. A few such areas do exist in Philly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 09:02:50 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2013, 09:07:50 AM by Keystone Phil »

This was apparently a big upset. The Independent candidate said he had no regrets. Any chance he runs again in 2014? The Dem already said she'll be back for a rematch.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies