Canada: What if the Progressives displaced the Liberals? (Or the Tories!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:05:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Canada: What if the Progressives displaced the Liberals? (Or the Tories!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada: What if the Progressives displaced the Liberals? (Or the Tories!)  (Read 10074 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: September 04, 2009, 03:32:41 PM »

The Progressive Party in Quebec would be quite interesting, but in those years it's hard to see them emerging as the same type of party as they did in the rest of Canada (aka, a rural protest party). They might, instead, emerge as something similar to Paul Gouin's ALN and gain the support of the left-wing of the Liberal Party... but where would Maurice Duplessis, the otl leader of the PCQ go? Would he be a Liberal, meaning that the Liberals provincially become a French nationalist Christian right party? Who would the West Island Anglos end up supporting both federally and provincially?

Real interesting issue for sure, and I look forward to your answers.

And I approve of any scenario in which the Conservatives die Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 07:00:22 AM »

I personally recommend you do a real 'narrative' timeline like most timelines on this board are... Stats are nice, but it's always nicer if there's a narrative that tells us the story, if you catch my drift.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies