New PPT Nomination Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:22:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New PPT Nomination Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New PPT Nomination Thread  (Read 3668 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: September 04, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »

The new Senate came in to effect twenty minutes ago. RowanBrandon, swear in if you haven't already.

Nominate Senators to the position of President Pro Tempore here.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »

I seem to remember that we shortened the amount of time for PPT nominations...is that correct? I hope it's not 5 days anymore.

No, this thread only has to remain open for 72 hours.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »

For the record I'd gladly be the PPT if you guys wanted me for the job, though I'm not really sure how doing what's already my job pro tem would work out. Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »

about nineteen hours left.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 11:41:48 AM »

This thread is over. Candidates for PPT are Marokai Blue and MasterJedi. Let me make a vote thread now.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »

Hey guys, I noticed something wrong with the Senate Rules on the wiki.

On the current rules page of the wiki it looks like Article 8, Section 1, Clauses 2 and 3 isn't in the right spot. I'm assuming this was an amendment to Article 9, Section 1, Clauses 2 and 3, and whoever edited the wiki just pasted over the clauses in the wrong section? At least it's not a big deal. I had this thread open for the 72 hours it specified in Section 9 rather than the 48 it specified in Section 8. I'm gonna look up the history of this and see what the problem is exactly.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 12:27:34 PM »

On the current rules page of the wiki it looks like Article 8, Section 1, Clauses 2 and 3 isn't in the right spot. I'm assuming this was an amendment to Article 9, Section 1, Clauses 2 and 3, and whoever edited the wiki just pasted over the clauses in the wrong section? At least it's not a big deal. I had this thread open for the 72 hours it specified in Section 9 rather than the 48 it specified in Section 8. I'm gonna look up the history of this and see what the problem is exactly.

Okay, yes, it looks like Section 8-2 and 3 originally said this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

but then the Senate passed a resolution to change the 72 hour requirement to 48 hours but nobody noticed that the bill amended Article VIII instead of IX. Methinks someone should fix this because as it is right now there are two contradictory requirements in the Senate rules and two clauses that have been unintentionally deleted!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 12:49:17 PM »

Okay, yes, it looks like Section 8-2 and 3 originally said this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

but then the Senate passed a resolution to change the 72 hour requirement to 48 hours but nobody noticed that the bill amended Article VIII instead of IX. Methinks someone should fix this because as it is right now there are two contradictory requirements in the Senate rules and two clauses that have been unintentionally deleted!

Just quoting myself again, I know, but I've typed up a resolution to fix this. If a Senator could introduce it, that'd be great.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies