A lonely Tory
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:13:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A lonely Tory
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A lonely Tory  (Read 3121 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »

..or so it seems.

This forum seems devoid of any UK based Tories (now Ben seems to have vanished) which is quite...difficult Sad Particularly in light od the Labour fan boys. I need someone to make asides to, someone to take shots at the absurdity of government and hopefully to celebrate success within the next year. The Man from G.O.P is very good at filling that role, but it's still seems like a one man job Sad

Sniff.

Help me!

Tongue

Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »

What about me? Minus the UK part.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »

I have no love lost for either Tories or Labour (though I do tolerate the Tories somewhat out of gratitude for opposing Labour). What this forum needs is more folks repping the UKIP. Cool
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »

I have no love lost for either Tories or Labour (though I do tolerate the Tories somewhat out of gratitude for opposing Labour). What this forum needs is more folks repping the UKIP. Cool

Crypto-Nazis I'll pass on.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »

What this forum needs is more folks repping the UKIP. Cool

Thanks, but I don't think this forum needs BNPlite.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 06:35:04 PM »

High on the forum was a lonely Tory
'Lay ee odl lay ee odl abour go!'
Loud was the voice of the lonely Tory
'Lay ee odl lay ee abour no!'
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »

Considering that this is the UK we're talking about, the best party is just the party that makes you want to vomit the least. Tongue I'm aware that the UKIP is not good by any means.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 06:38:41 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2009, 06:40:32 PM by Wyatt Chеsney »

Considering that this is the UK we're talking about, the best party is just the party that makes you want to vomit the least. Tongue I'm aware that the UKIP is not good by any means.

Health Concern?

Wait, never mind, libertarians hate hospitals.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »

I cast UKIP out. I have a feeling that in a few years they will be revealed as a 'spoiler' joke that Labour pulled on everyone Grin
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 06:41:51 PM »

No. The UK has quite decent parties, really. Compared to France or Greece (for example), atleast, since that's really where you choose the one which makes you want to barf the least.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 06:42:38 PM »

I cast UKIP out. I have a feeling that in a few years they will be revealed as a 'spoiler' joke that Labour pulled on everyone Grin

I'll be a Tory with you afleitch. I have an aunt in the UK.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 06:43:51 PM »

As do I. She lives in an ultra-Tory constituency. Probably votes that way.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »

I'm a LibDem, but I much prefer Cameron Conservatives to Michael Howard or William Hague Conservatives. And I would obviously vote Tory over Labour in Con-Lab marginals.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 07:06:24 PM »

I'm doing my best, I'm actually considering helping my Aussie politics professor write a British politics class, but I'd have to drop my law school plans and enter the Universities master's program, not sure if I want to do that, or if I'm brave enough to do all the reading required to help. Would be fun, and I'd get paid tho.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »

As a fellow member of the Commonwealth, in a Parliamentary democracy, and as a member of the right-wing party in my country, I stand beside you, Andrew. I also knew someone at uni who used to work for the UK Tories.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »

No. The UK has quite decent parties, really. Compared to France or Greece (for example), atleast, since that's really where you choose the one which makes you want to barf the least.

Well, I can definitely say that most European countries are pretty bad politically in my book.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 09:01:57 PM »

Well, I can definitely say that most European countries are pretty bad politically in my book.

What's good?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »

What's good?

Switzerland is probably the closest thing to a politically good country there is. I'm not really an expert on Swiss politics, though.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 09:27:21 PM »

Hey at least you can be happy that almost all of the red avatars on here are LibDem supporting instead of Labour supporting! Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 09:41:34 PM »

Hey at least you can be happy that almost all of the red avatars on here are LibDem supporting instead of Labour supporting! Tongue

Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 09:52:52 PM »

Most Europeans countries atleast have choices unlike what we are dealt with here in that we get only two and a bunch of people who dont get much of a chance save maybe for town council's.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 09:58:52 PM »

It is true, most lefties here have pretty negative opinions of Labour.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 10:00:16 PM »

Most Europeans countries atleast have choices unlike what we are dealt with here in that we get only two and a bunch of people who dont get much of a chance save maybe for town council's.

True, but when I still agree with all of the serious candidates on basically nothing, it's not like I'm going to be so happy about having actually distinct choices. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

It is true, most lefties here have pretty negative opinions of Labour.

I just wanted to use that picture, and I don't really care for you so yeah.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 10:01:16 PM »

Poor afleitch...

Here, let me play you a song on the world's smallest violin
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies