Baucus' just-released healthcare bill is awful.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:42:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Baucus' just-released healthcare bill is awful.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Baucus' just-released healthcare bill is awful.  (Read 2004 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 12:59:08 PM »

If Baucus could back up that statement by naming the names of people who will be voting against it, that would be greatly appreciated. Of course, he's made it clear that he wouldn't be opposed to a public option, so unless he was lying or is lying in this article, he should be able to name the 10 Democrats who will vote against a public option.

Perhaps you are assuming that only 50 votes are needed rather than 60 because the reconciliation finesse will work. I don't happen to think it will work because it takes 60 votes to override an objection that the content of the bill or aspects of it are not germaine to the budget, which objection is not only well taken, but even if it were not, it still requires 60 votes.  I suspect that Baucus agrees with me when he made the statement and that 60 votes are needed Lief.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies