Who scares you more?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:53:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Who scares you more?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: The Far Left or the Far Right
Far Left

Far Right

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Who scares you more?  (Read 7424 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »

Far left.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »

I think it might have been the lil man who hit on this......the "far left" really has no power....the "far right" is another matter.

The far right has vast power.  Entire TV networks, newspapers, Christian radio and TV.

I would agree that the mainstream left and those who might be aptly called center-left possess power.  But the far left, none at all.

The exception would be in the blogosphere, where power seems to be pretty evenly distributed.  It's basically up to the blogger to attract his or her supporters.

Shultz, Olbermann, Maddow, NY Times Opinion...
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 04:53:13 PM »

The far right, scary stuff.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »

I think it might have been the lil man who hit on this......the "far left" really has no power....the "far right" is another matter.

The far right has vast power.  Entire TV networks, newspapers, Christian radio and TV.

I would agree that the mainstream left and those who might be aptly called center-left possess power.  But the far left, none at all.

The exception would be in the blogosphere, where power seems to be pretty evenly distributed.  It's basically up to the blogger to attract his or her supporters.

Shultz, Olbermann, Maddow, NY Times Opinion...

None of which could be called far left.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 06:02:28 PM »

The far-right for sure. Politics aside, the far-right is far more likely to resort to violence and intidimation.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »

Considering that (for one or two reasons) people often seem to assume that I'm Muslim or Jewish, the answer here is pretty clear...

...not that it wouldn't have been clear if I had a fair complexion, was clean-shaven and had Davies for a surname. The far-left is not a threat to anyone (other than themselves) these days - in Britain they've been largely irrelevant (on a threat level) since the defeat of Militant (who were certainly a threat to Liverpool council employees) and not violent in a serious way since, er, ever. I suppose you could make a case for the IRA, but I'd disagree. The far-right on the other hand...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »

The far left....apparently doesn't exist. 

THE GOOD GUYS WON!  Neener neener!  It (the far left) is a difficult position to hold being as intellectually stupid as it is.  It actually does exist, just few of them are brave enough to admit it out loud because they don't like being laughed at.  You've seen how regular, non "far" left lefties take being laughed at (not well), I can only imagine how hard it would be on a far lefty.

So yes, the far right is more dangerous because the far left is too stupid to organize.  At worst they could maybe get one crazy guy with a bomb (never a gun).
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 11:34:52 PM »

THE GOOD GUYS WON!  Neener neener!  It (the far left) is a difficult position to hold being as intellectually stupid as it is. 

This is pretty funny. The libertarian zionist slamming the left for not being intelligent enough.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 11:36:39 PM »

FAR left, get it right genius Smiley
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 11:56:56 PM »

Wow. You're still dense as hell.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 11:58:05 PM »

..and you're still a nice guy.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 12:15:54 AM »

THE GOOD GUYS WON!  Neener neener!  It (the far left) is a difficult position to hold being as intellectually stupid as it is. 

This is pretty funny. The libertarian zionist slamming the left for not being intelligent enough.

LOL.
Not to say I doubt dead0man's intelligence or anything, but the words "libertarian" and "zionist" are just hilarious when put together.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 12:18:22 AM »

I don't consider myself a zionist though...is everybody that supports Israels right to exist a zionist?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 12:23:48 AM »

I don't consider myself a zionist though...is everybody that supports Israels right to exist a zionist?

No, I just found Earth's combination of terms funny.
Also, I do support Israel's right to exist, what I don't support is getting ourselves involved in their conflicts.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 12:28:10 AM »

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. 

Would you offer to help if they were attacked and were likely to lose?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 12:31:06 AM »

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. 

Would you offer to help if they were attacked and were likely to lose?

No. Tough ditty.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:19 AM »

Even it meant the death of all of them that couldn't flee in time?  What if the same situation happened in say, Portugal?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 12:39:27 AM »

Even it meant the death of all of them that couldn't flee in time?  What if the same situation happened in say, Portugal?

Tough sh*t dead0man.
If total societal extinction was inevitable in a way I would expect another nation to intervene in the war to help the nation on the brink of extinction. We shouldn't be playing World Police, we should leave that up to the UN, NATO or some other peacekeeping organization.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 12:49:05 AM »

Well yeah, but we're HUGE parts of both organizations and they ain't going if we aren't willing to go.  Well, we HAVE to go if a fellow NATO state is attacked.

So lets say Israel is on the brink and some of our buddies in Europe decide they don't want to see another holocaust and attempt to assist the Israelis, would you be up for assisting them?  What if they just wanted to use our transportation infrastructure?  Would you be cool with using C5s to ship German Leopards to Tel Aviv?
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 12:57:00 AM »

LOL.
Not to say I doubt dead0man's intelligence or anything, but the words "libertarian" and "zionist" are just hilarious when put together.

I find it hilarious too. I don't doubt Dead0man's intelligence, either, but from the attitude he's shown whenever Israel is mentioned it doesn't exactly mesh with libertarian ideals.

I just found it funny that he's accusing the far left of being unintelligent given that the right doesn't exactly have a leg to stand on regarding intellectuals. But that we're even taking this left/right paradigm so far just shows how inane it really is.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 01:03:10 AM »

Well we all have our idiots (I keep mine in my back pocket) the far right just has more people willing to admit to being far right.

I still don't really understand why it's funny to be libertarian and pro-Isreal, but I suppose that should be left for another thread.  This thread is about making fun of people on the extreme ends of a made up metric and denying the existence of half of them.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 01:06:05 AM »

Well yeah, but we're HUGE parts of both organizations and they ain't going if we aren't willing to go.  Well, we HAVE to go if a fellow NATO state is attacked.

So lets say Israel is on the brink and some of our buddies in Europe decide they don't want to see another holocaust and attempt to assist the Israelis, would you be up for assisting them?  What if they just wanted to use our transportation infrastructure?  Would you be cool with using C5s to ship German Leopards to Tel Aviv?

We should drop out of both organizations. The US should be a symbol of neutrality the world over. Unless American lives are lost, I don't see any reason for intervention.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 01:14:10 AM »

We should drop out of both organizations. The US should be a symbol of neutrality the world over. Unless American lives are lost, I don't see any reason for intervention.

Your trade positions suggest pro-interventionism.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2009, 01:16:34 AM »

There is a difference between interventionism of the trade and interventionism of the gun.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 01:17:32 AM »

There is a difference between interventionism of the trade and interventionism of the gun.

That, in turn, suggests a lack of neutrality.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies