The Remember 9/11/73 thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Remember 9/11/73 thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Remember 9/11/73 thread.  (Read 2614 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 07:25:15 PM »

Then don't worry, I just try to tune out the people who are too sensitive about it.  Today's date happens to be my brother's birthday, along with millions of others of course.  What a downer it must be for them to have their special day made so depressing.  As a result, we just don't really talk about the terrorist attacks.

Too many Americans don't....and are too senstive to watch a guy taking a header from WTC instead of burn alive.....I'm not criticizing you personally because you may care deeply about the tragedy, but overall we need to talk about it and see it more.......before we get another wake up call.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »

Then don't worry, I just try to tune out the people who are too sensitive about it.  Today's date happens to be my brother's birthday, along with millions of others of course.  What a downer it must be for them to have their special day made so depressing.  As a result, we just don't really talk about the terrorist attacks.

Too many Americans don't....and are too senstive to watch a guy taking a header from WTC instead of burn alive.....I'm not criticizing you personally because you may care deeply about the tragedy, but overall we need to talk about it and see it more.......before we get another wake up call.

Who's "we"?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »

Who's "we"?

Since you can't understand first grade language tonight.....we (The American People) need to talk about it more because we (The American People) have short memories and forget how we (The American People) suffered that day and the days that followed,  and we (The American People) don't need another wake up call from terrorists to remind us (The American People) that there are many who want to see us (The American People) suffer.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 07:34:19 PM »

Oh, and Happy Birthday to your Brother, Joe, and to my cousin Joanne.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »

Who's "we"?

Since you can't understand first grade language tonight.....we (The American People) need to talk about it more because we (The American People) have short memories and forget how we (The American People) suffered that day and the days that followed,  and we (The American People) don't need another wake up call from terrorists to remind us (The American People) that there are many who want to see us (The American People) suffer.

Yeah, I figured you were talking about the 'American People'.  What a massive presumption you've made that every citizen of this country feels some kind of emotional membership to that particular 'community'.  I'm an American by virtue of being born here, and that's about the extent of it.

Although I maintain huge amounts of sympathy for those who died on 9/11/01, and their families, I didn't know any of them.  My attitude is precisely the same as for any other tragedy that occurred on any date, including the subject of this particular thread.  Therefore, the importance of today's date to me is limited to my brother.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »

Who's "we"?

Yeah, I figured you were talking about the 'American People'.  What a massive presumption you've made that every citizen of this country feels some kind of emotional membership to that particular 'community'.  I'm an American by virtue of being born here, and that's about the extent of it.

Although I maintain huge amounts of sympathy for those who died on 9/11/01, and their families, I didn't know any of them.  My attitude is precisely the same as for any other tragedy that occurred on any date, including the subject of this particular thread.  Therefore, the importance of today's date to me is limited to my brother.

Based upon what I see (which is all we can base our opinions on), most do, Joe.......I respect your position, I just disagree with it....
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »

Yeah, I realize I'm in the minority.  It just gets on my nerves that so many people are so sensitive about today's date, at the expense of those who actually have reason to celebrate it.  Plus the double standards regarding the ignorance of other tragedies.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 07:52:06 PM »

Yeah, I realize I'm in the minority.  It just gets on my nerves that so many people are so sensitive about today's date, at the expense of those who actually have reason to celebrate it.  Plus the double standards regarding the ignorance of other tragedies.

I've begun to notice that our opinions are frighteningly similar at times despite our ideological differences.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 07:53:41 PM »

I'm glad you have a reason to celebrate it, or any other date that is important in our history...and I do agree with the double standard comment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies