Do you remember what you were doing on 9/11/2001? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:04:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you remember what you were doing on 9/11/2001? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you remember?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Do you remember what you were doing on 9/11/2001?  (Read 5278 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: September 12, 2009, 01:54:57 AM »
« edited: September 12, 2009, 01:57:09 AM by Snowguy716 »

I was a junior in high school and we were in choir... we had just started rehearsing our music for our big trip to New York City the following spring.  The president of the student council came in and said "turn on the TV, something happened in New York"... the teacher wouldn't listen.

About 5 minutes later, a different teacher came in and told him to turn on the TV.  We tuned in just after the first tower fell.

They pretty much had every TV in the school tuned in and nobody did anything that day.

That Friday our choir got together with the marching band to perform God Bless America in a flag formation on the football field for the game.

We sang a song at ground zero and there were a bunch of police officers tearing up.. it was pretty moving.

I still remember driving around shortly after 9/11 and there being American flags on literally every mailbox and in every yard... all of the businesses had their flags at half staff and all of the marquees around town said nothing but God Bless America.. it sure brought us together in a way only shared tragedy can.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies