Do you remember what you were doing on 9/11/2001? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you remember what you were doing on 9/11/2001? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you remember?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Do you remember what you were doing on 9/11/2001?  (Read 5233 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: September 12, 2009, 01:12:39 AM »

I was a soph in college sleeping in my dorm when it first happened (my 1st class was late morning).  My roommate burst in when he came back to class and said you have to turn on the tv, the Trade Center just got hit.

My dad worked about 6 blocks or so from the trade Center (he was on Wall Street) and after the first plane hit they were watching from the window and he saw the 2nd plane hit.  He also saw both Towers collapse and as they were evacuating and heading towards the Brooklyn Bridge to leave Manhattan, they had to go a few extra blocks and walked across the Manhattan Bridge because the smoke and the debris made heading over the Brooklyn Bridge impossible.  It was horrendous enough to see on TV, I can't even imagine what my dad went through seeing it right in front of his own eyes.

Six years later I wound up getting a job in a building that was 2 blocks away from WTC, that was damaged a little bit by the attacks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies